Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 1 (iPod nano + iPad 3 giveaway!)

shathis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My fitness

I'm a personal fitness trainer in my spare time, and exercise six times a week, lift weights and run about 6km a day, with 20-30km on Sundays... I'm not sure what my goal should be.

Ok, my goal is to run 20 km on Monday. LOL. Awesome.:D

166cm
60kg
5% body fat
Way too competitive.

not trying to show off, just... it's what I already do, and I could really use some new tech... my ipod and iphone are getting ragged with all the running use. Anyone wanna join me on Runkeeper, Nike or iMapmyrun? Just message me. I'd LOVE to have someone to race against! :)

Last edited:

Jphotoz

May 7, 2011
Visit site
P90x2

Starting P90X2 Week 6 today. Another new workout disc today. I love the way this program changes so you don't get used to it.

keep pushing all.

Jordan

Ryanpfaff

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Week 1 results

Starting watching calorie intake with the app myfitnesspal. It's super easy to keep track. I've cut out all liquid calories and doing 30 minutes of cardio ever day. Week 1 results-4lbs lost
Overall goal is to return to college weight of 155, 30 lbs to go.

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
My goal was to lose 2 lbs and to eat more vegetables. V8 is helping with the vegetables and I hit my 2 lbs! :)

mattp19

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
SWo today being Sunday, the end of one week and the start of the next, I have not eaten andy fast food or drinken any soda, however I did not do my morning curnches or pushups. I gave myself a furlow day today because it being Sunday and all.
I must say though even though I did not do any pushups or crunches, I did put together 3, 1500lb. shelves. So I did still get a mini workout in there.
Also, along with the no soda, it is superbowl Sunday and I do have quite a lot of people coming over, so instead of drinking just water, I am going to have a couple of beers. The good thing is though, with the beers tonight comes the new workout regimine in the morning. This is my plan for this next week:
2 sets up 10 pushups
2 sets of 10 crunches
15 minutes of calestinics
still no fast food or soda

I am determined. So far this past week I have lost 2.5 lbs.

alphalife

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
My iMore Fitness Challenge

Hello Everyone,

I just heard about the iMore Fitness Challenge and thought it would be a great opportunity for me to get healthy and maybe even win some cool prizes. (iPad 3...Yes Please!)

So after doing some research I decided to really take this challenge to a whole new level.

Instead of doing just one thing each week, I want to completely commit to getting healthy and losing 10 lbs in the next 30 days!

And to make things more fun, I will be using my iPhone 4s to help with tracking every step along the way. I found some really cool apps to help with taking this challenge and making this a reality.

1. P90X - An excellent app for p90x users that provides an easy to use and intuitive way to track your workout, stay motivated, and monitor your progress along the way. This app even comes with two workouts the ab-ripper x and the fit test.

2. MyFitnessPal - One of the best apps available to track your nutritional intake. It's simple to use has many features including a food bar code scanner, a large database of food selections, and even an online profile where you can monitor your daily, weekly, and monthly progress. Best of all it's free.

For the next 30 Days I am committing to:

1. Not drinking Soda or any drinks that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup.
2. Drink 70-80 ounces of water daily.
3. Supplement my Breakfast and Dinner with Herbalife Healthy Shakes, Tea, Vitamins, and Cell Activator.
4. Doing the P90X Classics Program.
5. Not eat fast food for the next 30 days.

My Current Stats:

Height: 5'4''

Weight: 146

Body Mass Index: 25.1

To keep myself accountable I will be posting daily progress reports along with my nutritional stats, my sleep pattern, and also weekly videos to provide status updates on my challenge.

To kick things off I made an entry video for my iMore 30 day fitness challenge:

Last edited:

babyjsmom

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My fourth day and I'm feeling good and sore. Have worked out everyday with no fast food or sodas. Im enjoying this and hope I can keep it going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kitty Cat

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Today

Today I did push-ups, curl-ups, squats, one leg mountain climbers, and two leg mountain climbers. I did 15 of them each set. I did 4 sets. In some sets I went over 15 on some the exercises. I rode my bike for a half hour and exercised my dog and me for a hour.

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Another work day of my 10 in a row. Busy time, but I am getting my workouts in so far. I'm beginning to see how difficult it is to pay attention to what is in all the foods I am eating, especially when forced to eat out at restaurants as the job sometimes dictates. I hope it gets easier with time.

Still on track with my goals! :D

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm posting this today from my FLOOR on my laptop cuz i'm tired hahaha...

I decided to add a time limit to my muscle work out, just to get the heart pumping. Its good if your heart rate is up

I did ( In 4 sets)
80 pushups ( last 20 were brutal)
60 Squats ( i hate squats)
100 crunches, (i have wooden floors lol... sit ups suck on them)

Cardio:
Walked to and from work which is a mile.. and I move around a lot during work.

As for healthy foods: I still haven't had any soda/ sugary drinks... Just water, And matcha green tea!

Day 2 complete... can't wait for day 3 !

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Today I did push-ups, curl-ups, squats, one leg mountain climbers, and two leg mountain climbers. I did 15 of them each set. I did 4 sets. In some sets I went over 15 on some the exercises. I rode my bike for a half hour and exercised my dog and me for a hour.

mountain climbers... oh man i hate those ! lol..

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Today, back at the p90x after the "rest week" Killer stuff. But it feels good to know you've done it when you finished. Diet is going strong too.

Everybody keep up the hard work! I'm still confused a bit about where to post my updates. Is this the thread they are supposed to be in, because I've responded to a few of Rene's daily updates as well. Hmm.

ilovebarolo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Today, back at the p90x after the "rest week" Killer stuff. But it feels good to know you've done it when you finished. Diet is going strong too.

Everybody keep up the hard work! I'm still confused a bit about where to post my updates. Is this the thread they are supposed to be in, because I've responded to a few of Rene's daily updates as well. Hmm.

I'm a little confused too, Darthgreg. I find myself posting everywhere.

How are you liking the P90X? I'm starting slow this time with just walking uphill, but I've always been intrigued by that program.

nano2909

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
goals r going as planned since the 4HB has me doing it anyways.. plus getting up at 5am for an early 30 min workout.. lost an avg of 5 pounds a week in the last 3 weeks

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
On 1-28 I was 234, this morning I am 225. I been eating Wendy's Caesar Greek salads for lunch, they are pretty good.

And walking on the treadmill for an hour a day the past 3 days.

baldypal

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
H2O Only - week 1

ok, so i'm on board. i'm going to set a goal for the first week to drink only WATER. So i just threw away my half cup of coffee that was left and got some good ole H2O from the water cooler. Let it begin!

Last edited:

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Met my week one goal on Saturday. My goal was to get down to a 14 minute mile. Thought it would take me a few more days so I was pretty happy about that. Haven't decided my new goal. Thinking 13.30 would be a good one for the next week. I'm not a runner so 13 might be too much for one week for me.

future_nobody

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Man, I wish this challenge started at the beginning of the new year. With some relatively rigid portion control, calorie counting thanks to the Calorie Counter android app, and regular workouts, I was able to lose 15 pounds in the month of January.

But I'm not at my goal yet, so I'll continue through February. My per-week weight loss goal is around 3-5 pounds per week, with my ultimate weight loss to eventually be 35 pounds (so I can be back to my high school weight).

My workouts have been mostly cardio (about an hour on my road bike, though the winter chill had made that a bit tough to accomplish) mixed with some core work (Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown--it's awesome) and light weights. I have missed a few days, but my main goal is just to get over this damned sedentary life that I adopted as soon as I graduated from college.

Anyway, unless my Super Bowl cheat day ruined everything, I'm down 2.5 pounds in February. Hopefully with some more regular cardio (I finally got all the winter biking gear I need), that number can go up in the coming weeks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73