- 02-04-2012, 10:22 AM #151
this has been my goal for this year. just to eat right, exercise, etc. daily, i walk the dog for a full mile. i plan to switch it up for a total of 2 miles. i want to also trade off with walking and jogging the dog.
I have also just recently completed a 3 week cardio training. I am using EA Active 2 and Kinect to exercise in the basement. (i just can not get to a gym to do this) what is more fun than playing games and working out, doing them at the same time.
next set is to jump it up to a 9 week program in EA Active 2
(for those curious, i do a combo of lunges, stretches, resistance band motions, walking/running/job during this workout. on average, 20 - 30 mins a work out and 4 nights a week. Sun, Mon, Tues, Thurs)
- 02-04-2012, 10:28 AM #152
- 02-04-2012, 12:48 PM #153
- 02-04-2012, 02:00 PM #154
- 02-04-2012, 02:33 PM #155
- 02-04-2012, 04:23 PM #156
- 02-04-2012, 04:59 PM #157
- 02-04-2012, 07:43 PM #158iPhone Newbie
- 17 Posts
My legs are too sore to do anything else today. I spent 10 hours walking around carrying a backpack full of gear at a large event. I am scheduled to do the same thing for 10 more hours tomorrow. The upside is that I probably burned a ton of calories, and it was an awesome day for short sleeves!
- 02-04-2012, 10:15 PM #159
My goal is drink lots more water. Also increase my strength training for my upper body. I already do cardio and overall strength training 4-5 times a week. I would love to build up my upper body, make it as strong or stronger than my lower body.
- 02-04-2012, 11:37 PM #160
So today i did
Strength training: 2 sets
20 push ups
Cardio (walking to from and at work)
15 mins there and back Also i work at starbucks so i run around a lot lol.
I drink sugar free green tea, water, and matcha (which is full of antioxidants)
Hope everyone else is doing good... can't wait for round 2 tomorrow !
- 02-05-2012, 12:02 AM #161
- 02-05-2012, 06:48 AM #162
I'm a personal fitness trainer in my spare time, and exercise six times a week, lift weights and run about 6km a day, with 20-30km on Sundays... I'm not sure what my goal should be.
Ok, my goal is to run 20 km on Monday. LOL. Awesome.
5% body fat
Way too competitive.
not trying to show off, just... it's what I already do, and I could really use some new tech... my ipod and iphone are getting ragged with all the running use. Anyone wanna join me on Runkeeper, Nike or iMapmyrun? Just message me. I'd LOVE to have someone to race against!
Last edited by tenebrae; 02-05-2012 at 06:55 AM.
- 02-05-2012, 07:04 AM #163
- 02-05-2012, 07:29 AM #164iPhone Nanite
- 6 Posts
Week 1 results
Starting watching calorie intake with the app myfitnesspal. It's super easy to keep track. I've cut out all liquid calories and doing 30 minutes of cardio ever day. Week 1 results-4lbs lost
Overall goal is to return to college weight of 155, 30 lbs to go.
- 02-05-2012, 12:38 PM #165
- 02-05-2012, 04:09 PM #166iPhone Newbie
- 11 Posts
SWo today being Sunday, the end of one week and the start of the next, I have not eaten andy fast food or drinken any soda, however I did not do my morning curnches or pushups. I gave myself a furlow day today because it being Sunday and all.
I must say though even though I did not do any pushups or crunches, I did put together 3, 1500lb. shelves. So I did still get a mini workout in there.
Also, along with the no soda, it is superbowl Sunday and I do have quite a lot of people coming over, so instead of drinking just water, I am going to have a couple of beers. The good thing is though, with the beers tonight comes the new workout regimine in the morning. This is my plan for this next week:
2 sets up 10 pushups
2 sets of 10 crunches
15 minutes of calestinics
still no fast food or soda
I am determined. So far this past week I have lost 2.5 lbs.
- 02-05-2012, 05:56 PM #167
My iMore Fitness Challenge
I just heard about the iMore Fitness Challenge and thought it would be a great opportunity for me to get healthy and maybe even win some cool prizes. (iPad 3...Yes Please!)
So after doing some research I decided to really take this challenge to a whole new level.
Instead of doing just one thing each week, I want to completely commit to getting healthy and losing 10 lbs in the next 30 days!
And to make things more fun, I will be using my iPhone 4s to help with tracking every step along the way. I found some really cool apps to help with taking this challenge and making this a reality.
1. P90X - An excellent app for p90x users that provides an easy to use and intuitive way to track your workout, stay motivated, and monitor your progress along the way. This app even comes with two workouts the ab-ripper x and the fit test.
2. MyFitnessPal - One of the best apps available to track your nutritional intake. It's simple to use has many features including a food bar code scanner, a large database of food selections, and even an online profile where you can monitor your daily, weekly, and monthly progress. Best of all it's free.
For the next 30 Days I am committing to:
1. Not drinking Soda or any drinks that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup.
2. Drink 70-80 ounces of water daily.
3. Supplement my Breakfast and Dinner with Herbalife Healthy Shakes, Tea, Vitamins, and Cell Activator.
4. Doing the P90X Classics Program.
5. Not eat fast food for the next 30 days.
My Current Stats:
Body Mass Index: 25.1
To keep myself accountable I will be posting daily progress reports along with my nutritional stats, my sleep pattern, and also weekly videos to provide status updates on my challenge.
To kick things off I made an entry video for my iMore 30 day fitness challenge:
Last edited by alphalife; 02-05-2012 at 07:38 PM.
- 02-05-2012, 07:39 PM #168
- 02-05-2012, 07:47 PM #169
Today I did push-ups, curl-ups, squats, one leg mountain climbers, and two leg mountain climbers. I did 15 of them each set. I did 4 sets. In some sets I went over 15 on some the exercises. I rode my bike for a half hour and exercised my dog and me for a hour.
- 02-05-2012, 11:17 PM #170iPhone Newbie
- 17 Posts
Another work day of my 10 in a row. Busy time, but I am getting my workouts in so far. I'm beginning to see how difficult it is to pay attention to what is in all the foods I am eating, especially when forced to eat out at restaurants as the job sometimes dictates. I hope it gets easier with time.
Still on track with my goals!
- 02-06-2012, 12:09 AM #171
I'm posting this today from my FLOOR on my laptop cuz i'm tired hahaha...
I decided to add a time limit to my muscle work out, just to get the heart pumping. Its good if your heart rate is up
I did ( In 4 sets)
80 pushups ( last 20 were brutal)
60 Squats ( i hate squats)
100 crunches, (i have wooden floors lol... sit ups suck on them)
Walked to and from work which is a mile.. and I move around a lot during work.
As for healthy foods: I still haven't had any soda/ sugary drinks... Just water, And matcha green tea!
Day 2 complete... can't wait for day 3 !
- 02-06-2012, 12:12 AM #172
- 02-06-2012, 12:47 AM #173
Today, back at the p90x after the "rest week" Killer stuff. But it feels good to know you've done it when you finished. Diet is going strong too.
Everybody keep up the hard work! I'm still confused a bit about where to post my updates. Is this the thread they are supposed to be in, because I've responded to a few of Rene's daily updates as well. Hmm.
- 02-06-2012, 07:43 AM #174
- 02-06-2012, 08:14 AM #175