Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 1 (iPod nano + iPad 3 giveaway!)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
fitness_month.jpg

People of iMore, the Mobile Nations Fitness month has begun!

You can go read all about it on the front page, but here's where the action is taking place. This is where we're setting reasonable, attainable goals. This is where we're starting our pattern for pure win.

Not sure how to start? Pick just ONE thing from this list and make it you goal for the week. It should be challenging enough that it takes some effort to do it, but not so challenging that you give up before you really get going. Here are some examples.

Nutrition

• Stop drinking sugary drinks for a week (or beer of that's more your thing).
  • If that's too easy, stop eating fast food/junk food for a week.

A week is 6 days, you get a cheat day at the end!

Strength training

• Do 2 sets of 10 pushups, 10 sit ups, and 10 squats every morning right when you get up.
  • If that's too easy, do 4 sets.

You can start with 1 set and work up to 2, or 3 sets and work up to 4. The important thing is to get going!

Cardio training

• Do 15 min. of cardio, 3 times during the week. It can be running, dancing, martial arts, rope skipping, jumping jacks, anything.
  • If that's too easy, do 20-30 min. at a slightly higher intensity.

You can run for as long as you can and then walk, for example, if you need to, but you want to try to run -- or do whatever cardio activity you're doing -- for longer each time until you get to the full time.

Ready...? Set...? GO!

What's your goal for week 1 going to be? Pick it and stick it in a reply below, then come back every day and let us know how you're progressing! If you're doing well, share your story and help keep us inspired. If you're having trouble, ask questions and we'll be there to help.

The important thing is to do and to keep doing. Pick something attainable and then attain it!

Oh, and you could win an iPad 3!

You, the iMore Nation, are our motivation. And to keep you motivated, we have some great prizes lined up. Anyone and everyone who participates, who shares their goals and keeps us up-to-date with their regular progress will be automatically entered to into our:

• Weekly drawings for an iPod nano. We're giving away 4 total, one each week!
  • Grand prize drawing for an iPad 3 IOU! (You'll get it when Apple launches it!)

There will also be some great app and accessory giveaways along the way to keep everyone on their toes.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm gonna shoot for the strength training! Even though I don't qualify to win the iPad 3, I'm still excited about this :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I started out the year by starting to walk again. My goal is simply to continue doing 20 minutes of brisk walking every day from now on.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm choosing cardio. I have started doing the insanity workout on MWF and either running, swimming, or riding the exercise on TTh.

Im using the iMapMyRun app to track the days I go running.

shoverbj

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm running a half marathon on the 12th, so I guess I'll go with the cardio since I'm going to be running 5-10 miles a day already.

hggs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll be going for the strength training, since i'm already on the nutrition and cardio training. Super psyched! need to lose 20 lbs. this year!

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This week my goal is to 1. Stop eating out fast food/cook more at home and 2. Cut sugary drinks!

I've already got an action plan set in place by going to the grocery store and mapping out my meals every day plus workouts between my work schedule.

4 lbs is going to be my goal. Let's get it!! Everyone use this thread as a positive tool and let's help each other.

Hatkid16

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
FInally!! Something that's gonna motivate me more to hit the gym. I already do occasionally, but definitely not as much as I'd like to. Anyways, I think I'm gonna go with the high intensity cardio training and a little extra muscle/tone building this week. I might even go with the diet plan as well. Well, thank you so much for the mental boost with the iPad 3 giveaway, etc. I'd really love to win one. Can't wait to start later this afternoon!! :)

dougdog

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
4 weeks ahead already

I've been doing 40-50 minutes switching between running and walking (more walking than running) three times a week but I'm resting from a knee injury. I learned the hard way that warming up before is veeeeery important. I think next week I'll start again slowly. In the meantime I'm doing some cruches, pushups and situps.

BTW, I'm using micoach from Adidas app in my iPhone to track my workouts. It's amazing.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Ohhh Exciting!!!

Great contest iMore!! my week number one goal is to continue with my cardio and strength training. Karate two times this week and in between some treadmill! Another part of that goal is to stay on course with my eating. I started January 3rd 2012, and I have lost 10 lbs now!

Good Luck everyone on the iPad3 contest! Soooo exciting!

askiphone4s

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I started the Mens Health Old-School Workout Program this week. I've been struggling to keep a routine :(and controlling my meal portions. Found a great app to track the workout, Fitness Fast. Now all I need now is a portion control app:rolleyes:.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna shoot for Strength training. Yesterday was my first workout in maybe 4 1/2 months. Really want to kick it into gear and shed 10-15 lbs before May.

mk3s

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Cardio!

I've been trying over the past month to run every day and I'm going to really kick it into gear now!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh