Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Not a great day today... Woke up with a cold.... Didn't consume too many calories, but I haven't done any exercise today... I will be heading to bed soon.... hopefully I will feel up to exercising tomorrow.
    iPhone Nanite

I did 40 minutes of active games. I did 100 jumping jacks. I did 4 sets of 20 of each ofthe strength excrises with mountain climbers 20 each for 1 and 2 leg.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Day 2

Alright, so today i did all my sets of pushups/situps/squats all at once.

I worked out at the gym and did 25 mins of cardio, and also did bench press, dumbell's, as well as stretches and such.

Guarantee that i will be sore tommorrow morning.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

I bought a bunch of winter gear last week so I can still ride my bike in the cold. Took it all out for a spin today for an hour. Really brutal ride but it felt great. I have a bike trainer for indoor riding but I just can't get into it.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

week 2 my goal is to now introduce strength training to my cardio and healthy eating, feeling better already after week 1!!!
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

my update again

80 push ups.. some decline, diamond, wide, regular

120 situps.. with some bicycles thrown in there

Still can't do squats shah thys are killing me.. but they should be fine tomorrow... i plan to go running again. I have the nike plus app.. almost 300 miles clocked on it

Hope everyone is still doing good!
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus0001 View Post
    Not a great day today... Woke up with a cold.... Didn't consume too many calories, but I haven't done any exercise today... I will be heading to bed soon.... hopefully I will feel up to exercising tomorrow.
    Get better soon !
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Insanity cardio recovery workout sounds easy but given the fact that it's Insanity I'm talking about, odds are that it's not. T minus 20 mins.

May the Force be with you.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Week 1 Goal

I'll go with Cardio!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by sector107 View Post
    Insanity cardio recovery workout sounds easy but given the fact that it's Insanity I'm talking about, odds are that it's not. T minus 20 mins.

Did that one last Friday. It was a nice change of pace. It's alot of stretching and yoga type poses. I was actually pretty sore the next day.

Yesterday was the Insanity Cardio Circuit for me.
    Hook 'Em Horns!
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by FendrGuitPlayr View Post
    Nutrition - no sugar AT ALL this week - not even with coffee (not even any artificial sweeteners).
    I'm still sugar-free and having no problem avoiding it, I might go longer than the week!
    A GOAL without a PLAN is only a WISH.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I was able to meet my strength training goal. Plan to keep doing this through week 2. I will however try to increase to the week 2 strength training goal and add in watching my portion sizes. Turns out that free technology seems to be a good motivator for me!!!

In the interest of full disclosure...I missed one day (Saturday) it was just too busy with our kids activities and all. I think we were allowed one miss. However, I did notice that I missed doing it. I have figured out that strength training wakes me up and kind of gives me a bit of a spring in my step.

Also yesterday and today I had to drop down to one set of squats as my knee is getting a bit sore. Old injury. I think I am going to try and just do the squats every other day to see if the soreness gets better.

Thanks again for the motivation and a push to get started!!!

J...
    Last edited by cjhpe; 02-09-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

So it seems as if I may have started week 2 a little early as I went by the week, but nonetheless, I am still drinking a crap ton of wter and not drinking any soda aside from the 1 Diet Dr. Pepper that I had.
    I am still doing my 2 sets of 10 pushups and crunches a day with now 20 minutes of calestenics.
    Feeling great!!!!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Week one down and I have lost 5 pounds with not sodas, fast food and cardio each day. Ya, can't wait for next weeks weigh in.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

CARDIO: I will try to continue to play racquetball three times a week Mon., Wed. & Friday from 05:30AM-06:30AM before going to work. I will also once again try and ween myself off of coffee.

Anybody know of a good/great racquetball app for iOS or aOS?
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Week 1 (Feb 1-8) - Nutrition
    Goals
    *Reduce Calorie Consupmtion to 2000
    *Reduce Fat Consumption to 20 grams
    *Drink Minimum of 64oz of Water Daily
    *Keep Food Log to track Daily Calorie / Fat Intake
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jsarasien View Post
    Week 1 (Feb 1-8) - Nutrition
    Goals
    *Reduce Calorie Consupmtion to 2000
    *Reduce Fat Consumption to 20 grams
    *Drink Minimum of 64oz of Water Daily
    *Keep Food Log to track Daily Calorie / Fat Intake
    I am excited to say that week one was a sucess. First few days were rough and I am sure my coworkers and roomate could tell I was more irritable. Keeping a food log was the key to accomplishing week ones goals. I am amazed how many calories and fat grams I consumed in a day. I already feel thiner and my pants are loose.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Week 2 (Feb 9-15) - Cardio Training
    Goals
    *Perform 30min of Cardio 4 Times This week.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Day 3

Did another biking sesh today of about half an hour, Also did my 10 pushups/situps/squats but instead of 2 sets I did 3 sets this morning. Also, i havnt had any sugary drinks again.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

I am going to try commutting on my bike once a week (weather permitting for the 6 miles each way) and visit the gym twice a week. Week one (1 Feb - 4 Feb), I visited the gym twice for running and was able to go out for a trail ride, but weather wasn't good for commutting. We are almost at the end of week two (by the work week) and I was able to commute in three times this week (temps averaged 35 degrees) and made it to the gym twice. I am hitting the gym with a coworker and we added a core workout to help with our biking. I would like to think I am helping him meet his weight loss goal of 30 pounds by Spring, but he is helping me stay on track with frequency. Our ultimate goal is to do the 100+ miles of cross country mountain bike trails in Burk, Vermont in June. We (my office mate and I) feel this is helping us be motivated to make that goal.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

Still on track with my strength training. Did Pilates today which focused on the core and biceps tonight.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,415 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    latest

My goal is 3x a week strength training and 3x a week running 2 miles in 15 min.

So far during great. I hit it.
    Next week will be 4 miles in 30min and 4 days of strength training. Also to cut out pastries for a week. Raspberry filled cream cheese Danish at my loca coffee shop.. I must resist.

Sent from my iP4S using Tapatalk
    Follow me: www.twitter.com/joshuasmiley

2013 MBA 13 i7 512GB SSD, VZW 128GB GOLD iP6, iPad miniR 64 VZW
    sector107 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

I better start off with the nutrition. Tiny steps.
    sector107 likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

The first step to a healthy life style is sacrifice. Insanity Cardio power and resistance in T minus 10 minutes.

iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    My goal is 3x a week strength training and 3x a week running 2 miles in 15 min.

So far during great. I hit it.
    Next week will be 4 miles in 30min and 4 days of strength training. Also to cut out pastries for a week. Raspberry filled cream cheese Danish at my loca coffee shop.. I must resist.

Sent from my iP4S using Tapatalk
    I hear ya on that danish, keep it up man, hit that 40 min mile!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast