Is this a cheat or trying to find out what's the cause of a bug? Maybe this is the phone and watch software updates just out but this happened just prior too.

I had another time when two logs for exercise totaled 40+ minutes but the ring was not closed. Not wanting to truly work out at 22:00, I did 7 min of yoga, stretches and calisthenics. After those were saved the green ring more than closed and showed the nearly total hour of exercise.

I'm sure what I did physically really does count but heck with cheating. I'm really bothered that at least 3 times now 50 min. to 2+ hours of honest exercise haven't closed the ring.

Looking at the phone activity app gives me strong reason to no way think of cheating. Those days of the rings not closed mark stuff like being sick, extra tough days at work, days spent POT (prisoner of travel) such as stuck in planes/airport or too much time in a car.
    03-30-2017 08:56 AM
    Is this a cheat or trying to find out what's the cause of a bug? Maybe this is the phone and watch software updates just out but this happened just prior too.

I had another time when two logs for exercise totaled 40+ minutes but the ring was not closed. Not wanting to truly work out at 22:00, I did 7 min of yoga, stretches and calisthenics. After those were saved the green ring more than closed and showed the nearly total hour of exercise.
    That's definitely not cheating. Heck I've done as much as 30 minutes of jumping jacks in a hotel room to close that ring and that's work!
    imwjl and robertk328 like this.
    03-30-2017 10:37 AM
    That's definitely not cheating. Heck I've done as much as 30 minutes of jumping jacks in a hotel room to close that ring and that's work!
    Funny in that I've done pushups to both test, meet the goal, and test how well the HRM works.

Cheating just defeats the sports watch part of why I bought it. I guess carrying something in opposite hand of the watch so my steps are recorded are as close to cheating as I get. My work in IT means way too many hours staring at a screen or in a chair. I do want my steps recorded.
    03-30-2017 01:10 PM
    My Apple Watch thinks I'm standing up 100% of the time even though I have a desk job. Does that count as cheating?
    03-30-2017 01:11 PM
    My Apple Watch thinks I'm standing up 100% of the time even though I have a desk job. Does that count as cheating?
    Yes it does, get it fixed you cheater.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    03-30-2017 04:43 PM
    Yes it does, get it fixed you cheater.
    LOL
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    03-30-2017 04:44 PM
    I broke some long time streaks last week when I was in bed sick for 2.5 days. Just start new streaks.
    03-30-2017 04:49 PM
    I've walked around the house, through the kitchen, dining room, living room, etc., doing laps to get a step goal in.
    03-30-2017 06:24 PM
    03-31-2017 02:37 PM
    I've walked around the house, through the kitchen, dining room, living room, etc., doing laps to get a step goal in.
    Yep me too. My wife no longer questions why I suddenly hop on the treadmill 30 minutes before bedtime. Don't get me wrong, she thinks I'm nuts, but she doesn't question it.
    robertk328, imwjl and eyecrispy like this.
    03-31-2017 04:52 PM
    Yep me too. My wife no longer questions why I suddenly hop on the treadmill 30 minutes before bedtime. Don't get me wrong, she thinks I'm nuts, but she doesn't question it.
    My wife thinks I'm silly because she's always marching with the dog before 6 AM to insure closing the rings instead of the 8:45 PM march I did last night.

Her watch says a whole lot of motion but rarely any standing or breathing.

Any way you slice it our son's has been saying his a couch tater.
    04-01-2017 08:35 AM
    Nope
    I don't see the point
    Either I close them or I don't
    04-26-2017 06:43 PM
    I've been known to start doing jumping jacks before bad if I am close to a goal. That was for step goals. I don't do much for the rings. I usually don't have trouble closing my rings - except Sundays, which are my rest days. I rest with vigor!
    04-29-2017 12:07 PM
38 12