Yes I use the reminders app on my phone for grocery shopping as well. Since getting my Apple Watch, it's must more convenient using the reminders app on the wrist while pushing a grocery cart instead of holding the iPhone in one hand!
    sgchick likes this.
    02-24-2017 03:09 PM
    I lock my car doors when I think I am just running into a place quick and decide to stay. Some car companies have apps. I also check messages quickly when I don't want to pull out my iPhone 7+ and appear disinterested in a conversation/meeting. I also check all of my Credit Card balances to make sure payments are posted or if transactions went through when someone says it didn't process.
    02-26-2017 06:46 AM
    ... What are you using your Apple Watch for besides fitness. (Note that fitness motivator is my number one reason so far.)

Thanks!:
    Notifications, quick replies, Siri, navigation, and of course, seeing the date, time and weather information without having to pull out my iPhone.
    02-26-2017 07:41 AM
    Sometimes I use mine to tell what time it is.....i know, crazy!
    eyecrispy and sgchick like this.
    02-27-2017 06:10 PM
    Sometimes I use mine to tell what time it is.....i know, crazy!
    What? What is this telling time you speak of?
    phessler and sgchick like this.
    02-27-2017 07:18 PM
    I just got mine but found another great use besides all listed above, I bought a voice recorder app off the apple store, it resides in the dock on my watch (I'm always thinking of things to remember), all I have to do is open the doc, tap and I can make a voice note to remember something, even in the middle of the night! Very convenient!
    sgchick likes this.
    03-16-2017 11:58 AM
    I bought a voice recorder app off the apple store
    Which one did you get? I was looking at Just Press Record but it was a touch steep at $4.99. I haven't really needed a voice memo app, so I've been debating pulling the trigger.
    03-17-2017 04:13 AM
    Tha'ts the one I got, I figured most apps are 2.99, what's a couple more bucks It was worth it to me, works great. I put it in my watch dock, so it's fast and easy, open, tap to start recording, tap to stop, tap save, then you can listen to it on your watch or on your iphone since it syncs through the cloud. It does exactly what I had hoped for.

So far this watch is beyond my expectations, I was nervous to spend 399.00, but man glad I did, totally loving the whole experience.
    03-17-2017 10:27 AM
    I put it in my watch dock, so it's fast and easy, open, tap to start recording, tap to stop, tap save, then you can listen to it on your watch or on your iphone since it syncs through the cloud. It does exactly what I had hoped for.
    It sounds very worthwhile and the $5. Can you use it as a complication?
    03-17-2017 08:18 PM
    I'm not sure what a complication means?
    You can put it on your custom watch face if I'm guessing that's what that means? I did that, now one tap on my clock screen, starts it. Is that what you mean?

And yes, I think it's easlly worth the 5 bucks, with it on my clock screen now, it's super convenient!
    03-17-2017 08:22 PM
    I'm not sure what a complication means?
    You can put it on your custom watch face if I'm guessing that's what that means? I did that, now one tap on my clock screen, starts it. Is that what you mean?
    Thank you, that's exactly what I mean. A 'complication' is a watch term referring to something on the watch face besides the minute, hour, and second hand (unless the second hand is a separate dial.

On the Apple Watch its the same thing, whether it's weather, battery, Activity, Workout, etc. It's an extra 'dial' on the face. When you put an app on the watch face as a complication, it's just one tap instead of launching it from the dock.

And yes, I think it's easlly worth the 5 bucks, with it on my clock screen now, it's super convenient!
    Sold! Thanks!
    03-19-2017 06:17 AM
    OK, cool I guessed right

Hey cool, glad that'll work for you too, I use it all the time from the watch screen, when you use it that way, one press , it opens AND immediately starts recording, very convenient!

Thanks for the info, so that's what a complication is, i never heard that term before
    03-19-2017 10:48 AM
    My biggest benefit is I wear it to bed and use my Watch as my alarm. I get up at 4am for the gym and the gentle vibrations on my wrist keep the rest of the house asleep. Of course I use it for all the other things mentioned above as I am a power user of my Apple products.

Apple Pay, sleep tracking, notifications, water tracking, grocery lists, timers, weather, occasional calls, etc...
    03-20-2017 01:40 PM
    Hey, how are you using it for sleep tracking? Is that an add on app?
    I had a couple Garmin watches, they automatically just did sleep tracking (really accurate too), but with the apple watch do you have to open, tap and initiate sleep, then initiate wake up when you wake? Or is there an app that figures it out like the Garmin watches?
    03-20-2017 02:03 PM
    I have tried many of the sleep apps and have finally settled on AutoSleep. It works great and I do not need to do a thing to track my sleep. I open the app in the morning to make sure it all tracked correctly and to date, I have only had to fix it once and that was my own fault.
    03-20-2017 03:27 PM
    Hey, how are you using it for sleep tracking? Is that an add on app?
    I had a couple Garmin watches, they automatically just did sleep tracking (really accurate too), but with the apple watch do you have to open, tap and initiate sleep, then initiate wake up when you wake? Or is there an app that figures it out like the Garmin watches?
    I use the app HeartWatch with its companion app AutoSleep. It does an excellent job of figuring out when I am and am not asleep.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hear...mUvbUpU2915536
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto...mUvbUpU2915536

I also used an app called Sleep++, but you have to tap a button to say that you are asleep and then again when you are awake - so, not worth trying, IMO.
    03-20-2017 05:12 PM
    Auto sleep, cool, I'll check that out, thanks!
    03-20-2017 07:13 PM
    Messaging and calls since i work in some labs that have terrible reception so I put my phone by the window and do what I need to do and not worry
    03-21-2017 12:29 PM
    Here's one thing I did yesterday that's great.
    I have two watch faces set up with different complications.
    The green hollow nike one is my 'home' face, have the complications on it's screen I use at home.
    When at work and out of the house, I use the face 'Modular', it has more complications, so have ones on there I like when out and about (calendar, weather, date, etc.

Then all I have to do, is swipe between those two faces, it's easier than pressing the button and going to the dock.
    03-21-2017 12:38 PM
    Oh when it comes to faces I have 3 that I scroll through on a regular bases:

My daily driver is the Utility face, my fancier face is the simple face, and my sleep time face is the large face.

Besides fitness, how are you using your Apple Watch-fullsizeoutput_c3d.jpeg

Besides fitness, how are you using your Apple Watch-fullsizeoutput_c3f.jpeg

Besides fitness, how are you using your Apple Watch-fullsizeoutput_c3e.jpeg
    03-21-2017 12:44 PM
    cool, other 'multface, multi complication' people, great minds think alike! lol
    03-21-2017 12:51 PM
    Telling time, weather and occasionally the date. I also like seeing the sunset/sunrise times. I especially like replying to text messages using the voice thing. Also monitoring all the things in the activity app.

Last night, I discovered something really nice. I told Siri to take me to an address on my phone and she opened the maps app. A few seconds later, I was being told where to turn on my watch. I had no idea it would do that.
    Last edited by NexusGirlX; 03-26-2017 at 11:36 AM.
    03-26-2017 10:57 AM
    Hey cool, gotta try that map thing!

I just wish there were a better way to see my HR from a/during workout afterwards, the apple health app sucks for that, you have to go to each time point, tap, open and see the HR there. It should be all together like other fitness watch apps do.
    03-26-2017 11:26 AM
    Hey cool, gotta try that map thing!

I just wish there were a better way to see my HR from a/during workout afterwards, the apple health app sucks for that, you have to go to each time point, tap, open and see the HR there. It should be all together like other fitness watch apps do.
    You can configure the stats you want to see in a workout from the activity app. I can see my HR on my runs and workouts from the screen during my workouts.
    03-27-2017 04:54 AM
    I downloaded an app called Auto Sleep that keeps track of how much you sleep and the quality of it as well. Seems like it's pretty accurate and it knew when I fell asleep last night and when I woke. They have a com[anion app called HeartWatch that i installed also. Both are $2.99 each but well worth the cost.
    03-27-2017 05:19 AM
55 123