iMore Running Group?

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Awesome! Looking forward to your report.

I just did a 4 mile run without my phone to test the Series 2 GPS, and color me impressed. Very accurate, def as accurate as my Garmin. I also listened to music with Bluetooth headphones from the watch and used the HRM. The activity was a bit under 30 minutes, and the battery only went down about 10%.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the phone's exercise app. Good stats on the run but no weekly/monthly stats, and the map of my run, which synced with the phone as soon as I got home, was accurate but didn't show the mile markers like other apps do. Hoping the 3rd party running apps will support the Series 2 GPS soon. Overall though, a very solid running watch.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just did a 4 mile run without my phone to test the Series 2 GPS, and color me impressed. Very accurate, def as accurate as my Garmin. I also listened to music with Bluetooth headphones from the watch and used the HRM. The activity was a bit under 30 minutes, and the battery only went down about 10%.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the phone's exercise app. Good stats on the run but no weekly/monthly stats, and the map of my run, which synced with the phone as soon as I got home, was accurate but didn't show the mile markers like other apps do. Hoping the 3rd party running apps will support the Series 2 GPS soon. Overall though, a very solid running watch.

Great to hear! I can't wait to get mine. Yes, I, too, am looking forward to 3rd party support for the GPS feature.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Suggs68 - that's awesome feedback. Was actually wondering about the map. How accurate it is, mile markers, pace coloring, etc. I suppose it can only get better with time? (watchOS 4?)

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
@Suggs68 - that's awesome feedback. Was actually wondering about the map. How accurate it is, mile markers, pace coloring, etc. I suppose it can only get better with time? (watchOS 4?)

The map is very accurate, but lacking in any run details. No mile markers or anything, but there are some varying colors that I assume are pace but it doesn't seem to map to my splits.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The map is very accurate, but lacking in any run details. No mile markers or anything, but there are some varying colors that I assume are pace but it doesn't seem to map to my splits.

Interesting. I can't wait to try it, but honestly, until it's more robust, i will probably stick with Strava or RK or something. RK was SO lousy for me on AW that I stopped using it but hoping I can go back to it. I guess there's always Nike+ as well.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
So let's get this running group going. What's the best way to do that? Share our emails so we can all connect over activity sharing?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Cool. That's the one thing I will miss if I end up switching. Have a nice group of regulars that I regularly 'compete' with in weekly and daily challenges.

bbquincar

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to it. I'm sure there will be more ppl getting their watches soon. With series 1 and 2 out now and varying of prices more ppl will opt to buy. Make sure to link back here as well or even a small article would also gather attention.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
It'll be several weeks for me since I've yet to place an order. But once mine arrives, I'm in. Let's figure out the logistics and make it happen!

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I may be a few weeks for me since I'm currently injured (although on the mend). I always seem to be injured ....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2