iMore Running Group?

wesee

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
It worked.
So it does not have to be your Apple ID, just an email associated with your account.
I figure I'll make a contact group of people from the iMore Forums who add me.

Anyone else who wants in, can PM an email address to those you want to connect with.

wesee

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
James is the first person I have been able to share Apple Watch activity with.

The Watch activity sharing seems to use iMessage to allow you to message each other. It also allows you to see each other's activity rings, and sends notifications upon completion of a workout, likely goals too. I haven't noticed anything else.

It looks like you can give someone any of the contact info from Settings, Messages, Send And Receive. I used one of the email addresses other than my ID.
I would assume the phone number would work too, if you want to give it out.

Last edited:

wesee

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Because the messaging to the people you share watch activity with is iMessage, It would be easy to create a group iMessage called The iMore Running Group with all of us in there.

southpawmedic

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I mean my family member has a watch as well but on the same ID. I'd have to use my cell number. If you guys want to PM me, I'll be more than happy to join the group

indyfsufan

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I would be up for this. I like to see where I stack up with other people. Also makes me work harder at it and that can only be a good thing

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73