What's your longest move streak? (Warning - significant bragging involved!)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
The watch face 'dock' is another great feature of wOS3. It makes moving from one face to another a breeze. It also allowed me to easily review and pare down my 22 faces!

Yes! I love the new swipe to change faces! I only use modular, activity digital, and chronograph, so I've got them as the first three in the 'dock' and can switch at will. It's a really nice change.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It's monitoring your heart rate.
A higher elevated heart rate will burn more calories as blood is being pumped faster, thus muscles work harder.

I don't know that it's just heart rate and time. I think it also takes into account your age, weight and gender, too. Isn't that info available? Or maybe I'm thinking about Fitbit.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
so I've got them as the first three in the 'dock'

I use a bunch so my most oft used are in the middle with others on the left and right.

In playing with the 3-dial activity analog face, I noticed something interesting.When the Watch is locked, no rings show, just the watch face. This is to protect your health data, obviously. When the Watch is unlocked the rings appear out of nowhere! It's magical!

So I twist my wrist to bring up the locked display and I see the time. Click the Home button on my phone, the Watch unlocks and... It's magic!

Wrogowie

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Look what popped on my phone yesterday:

Of the 500 days, 476 were consecutive (and still going).

Congrats on the achievement! :yes: That's impressive and I'm hoping to get there myself but I ran into a snag. I am seeing the achievement in my daily stats but when I look at the Achievements section of the Activity app it says this for Longest Move Streak: You earned this award for your longest daily Move streak, 154 days, ending 2/5/17. So it seems that it isn't longing the completion for the past 12 days in overal Achievements but it is in the daily ones. Has anyone else seen this happening?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Congrats on the achievement! :yes: That's impressive and I'm hoping to get there myself but I ran into a snag. I am seeing the achievement in my daily stats but when I look at the Achievements section of the Activity app it says this for Longest Move Streak: You earned this award for your longest daily Move streak, 154 days, ending 2/5/17. So it seems that it isn't longing the completion for the past 12 days in overal Achievements but it is in the daily ones. Has anyone else seen this happening?

Yes, unfortunately I've had problems with the Longest Move streak achievement posting every day. Others have had this problem as well. I think part of the glitch is tracking move streaks across two watches. You don't happen to have two watches do you?

Wrogowie

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately I've had problems with the Longest Move streak achievement posting every day. Others have had this problem as well. I think part of the glitch is tracking move streaks across two watches. You don't happen to have two watches do you?

I do have two watches synced so I guess that's the problem. It was working fine with two for several months then it just stopped this month. The last date I have it showing in the Achievements is 2/5 and in the daily results was this past Thursday.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Is it just me or has Apple removed the daily 'Longest Move Streak' from WatchOS?
Mine now never continues to show the daily achievement.
I only have the one watch.

EDIT: Just noticed the posts above refer to this.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Is it just me or has Apple removed the daily 'Longest Move Streak' from WatchOS?
Mine now never continues to show the daily achievement.
I only have the one watch.

EDIT: Just noticed the posts above refer to this.

It seems to be a bit glitchy, but it's definitely still there. Sometimes I don't get the achievement for a few days and other times I get it twice in one day. Last Monday through Friday it didn't appear and the Saturday it was there again. This week, it's the Perfect Week (Stand) and Perfect Week (All Activity) that are mysteriously missing.

One question - Have you gone back and looked at each day since the last appearance of the Longest Move Streak badge to verify that it accurately shows you met or exceeded your move goal?

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
It seems to be a bit glitchy, but it's definitely still there. Sometimes I don't get the achievement for a few days and other times I get it twice in one day. Last Monday through Friday it didn't appear and the Saturday it was there again. This week, it's the Perfect Week (Stand) and Perfect Week (All Activity) that are mysteriously missing.

One question - Have you gone back and looked at each day since the last appearance of the Longest Move Streak badge to verify that it accurately shows you met or exceeded your move goal?
Yes I've checked the dates.
The last date I received the Longest Move Steak on my watch was the 3rd Feb whilst the badge award says the 6th Feb. Both are wrong as I've continued but nothing comes through. However, whatever happened to the one the watch used to generate?

Wrogowie

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I always exceed the Move goal and I got the perfect Move badge for last week and I noticed that the daily badge has now shown up through 2/16, but the running total of days is still stuck at 2/5/17.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
IMG_3632.PNG

This was the last Longest Move Streak I had on my watch and that was the 3rd Feb. I've not had any further since despite still completing my daily moves. Even the phones badge date is wrong, that date shows the 6th Feb.

Anyway, is anyone still getting these on the watch?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 116572

This was the last Longest Move Streak I had on my watch and that was the 3rd Feb. I've not had any further since despite still completing my daily moves. Even the phones badge date is wrong, that date shows the 6th Feb.

Anyway, is anyone still getting these on the watch?

Well I got it on the watch today but sometimes I get the achievement badge in the iPhone app but don't get it on the watch.

When you do a Google search for longest move streak this thread pops up first and I don't see discussion elsewhere about this problem which leads me to believe it's not widespread, certainly not something everyone is experiencing after the last software update. Have you taken steps to try to fix the problem - e.g., restart watch and phone, unpair and re-pair watch?

Anyone else having a problem getting the achievement to show on the watch?

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Well I got it on the watch today but sometimes I get the achievement badge in the iPhone app but don't get it on the watch.

When you do a Google search for longest move streak this thread pops up first and I don't see discussion elsewhere about this problem which leads me to believe it's not widespread, certainly not something everyone is experiencing after the last software update. Have you taken steps to try to fix the problem - e.g., restart watch and phone, unpair and re-pair watch?

Anyone else having a problem getting the achievement to show on the watch?
Yes, I believe I have covered everything possible. The only thing I did different was I did not install WatchOS 3.1.2 but went straight to 3.1.3 ~ which would tie in precisely with the date the issue first manifested.

Caipirina

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I just signed up to join the bragging here (So, this is where the like minded, crazy, OCD work out junkies hang out!) :) I bought my Watch 500 days ago, initially I had the default 750cal move goal, but after completing that every day, on day 5 I put that up to 1000cal. It has been there ever since. Initially it was easy to get even 200%, 300%, since I had 22kg more body weight to lug around. I have become much fitter since then and burn less calories for the same activities ... so I have to do something hard / very sweaty at least for 100 min every day :)

Tadaaaa :
moostri500.jpg

As everyone else here, I have been dealing with glitches galore, i.e. I got the Turkey Day badge twice, on different days. That all started when I upgraded to iPhone7 ... and since my Watch's battery was dying, I bought a second Watch, which is working pretty well now, I just don't get my old one now to function properly as a second watch ... it takes forever to bring it up to speed as to what the current stats are and when I start an activity there, it seems to add the calories to the total, but not the activity itself ... shame, as this is a nice stainless steel watch which was only 14 months old when I had to quasi retire it ...

So, July 19, 2018 I am up for my 1000 chip :)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I just signed up to join the bragging here (So, this is where the like minded, crazy, OCD work out junkies hang out!) :) I bought my Watch 500 days ago, initially I had the default 750cal move goal, but after completing that every day, on day 5 I put that up to 1000cal. It has been there ever since. Initially it was easy to get even 200%, 300%, since I had 22kg more body weight to lug around. I have become much fitter since then and burn less calories for the same activities ... so I have to do something hard / very sweaty at least for 100 min every day :)

Welcome to iMore and congrats on your impressive move streak! Not just 500 days in a row, your first 500 days. That's awesome.

As everyone else here, I have been dealing with glitches galore, i.e. I got the Turkey Day badge twice, on different days. That all started when I upgraded to iPhone7 ... and since my Watch's battery was dying, I bought a second Watch, which is working pretty well now, I just don't get my old one now to function properly as a second watch ... it takes forever to bring it up to speed as to what the current stats are and when I start an activity there, it seems to add the calories to the total, but not the activity itself ... shame, as this is a nice stainless steel watch which was only 14 months old when I had to quasi retire it ...

So you have two Apple watches? I'm becoming increasingly convinced that a two watch setup is more prone to these glitches.

So, July 19, 2018 I am up for my 1000 chip :)

I'm hoping to get mine in 417 more days. :biggrin:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods