Post up your workout

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I was talking to a good friend in another thread about our workouts and I thought why not post it in the health forum. So post up your workouts guys, what are your goals for your workouts?

This is my workouts, I use a 1 second cadence between reps and a 30 second rest between sets. I do either 3 sets of 10 reps or 5 sets of 10 reps. I do alternating days with a day of rest between so Mon- Chest... Tue- Rest Wed- Legs... Thu-Rest Fri-Abs Sat-Chest... Sunday-Abs. My Abs workout is a shorter workout so I do it three times a week and alternating weeks I skip Sunday.

Chest, Arms & Abs
5 sets twisting oblique crunch (Captains chair)
2 sets leg raises (Captains chair)
5 sets bench press (85 lbs)
5 sets crunches (60 lbs)
5 sets Lat Pulls (70 lbs)
5 sets twisting oblique crunch or weighted crunch(Alternate)
3 sets curls (65)
5 sets back extensions (60 lbs)
5 sets twisting oblique crunch
3 sets bench press
3 sets back extension (75 lbs)
3 sets curls
3-5 sets weighted crunches (55 lbs)
Treadmill

Legs, lower body and abs
2 sets leg raises
5 sets leg press (90 lbs)
5 sets weighted crunches
5 sets leg extensions (35 lbs)
5 sets twisting oblique crunch or weighted crunch (alternate)
3 sets leg raises
Treadmill
5 sets leg curls (45 lbs)
5 sets twisting oblique crunch or weighted crunches
5 sets calf raises (90 lbs)
5 sets leg raises

Abs
3 sets back extension
5 sets weighted crunches
2 sets back extension
5 sets leg raises
3 sets bench press
Treadmill
3 sets back extension
5 sets weighted crunches
2 sets back extension
3 sets leg extensions
5 set crunches or leg raises or twisting oblique crunch

There are other excercises I want to add like sqauts, lunges etc. but I want to wait until I hit a plateau and then switch it up. Feel free to critique or suggest other excercises that might be more beneficial. My main goal is to get a six pack and right now the top abs are defined and show but the lower abs are still covered in a layer of fat and need more work. Yes I do have my nutrition in check I know it is 80% food and 20% work. I eat 0 trans fats and very little saturated fats, only the trace amounts that are in foods. I eat 30% of my daily intake in protein and try to keep my carbs in the 40s.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
We do local CrossFit trainign at the station.

WOD(Workout of the Day)

To many to post here unless you want me to...

Some good points we live by at the station:

• Don't eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food. In other words, if she didn't grow it, raise it, kill it herself, or buy it fresh from the farmer down the road, don't eat it!
  • Avoid foods that have some form of sugar or sweetener listed among the ingredients.
  • Avoid foods that contain processed products or products which have been refined.
  • Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third-grader cannot pronounce. If your seven-year-old asks you what that word means, don't eat it, and don't give it to him either.
  • Avoid food products that make health claims. Healthy food choices don't need a marketing team or infomercial.
  • Avoid food products with the word "lite" or the terms "low-fat" or "nonfat" in their names. It's a marketing scheme and won't do your body good.
  • Avoid foods that are pretending to be something they are not (one example is margarine).
  • Shop the peripheries of the supermarket and stay out of the middle. Not much good comes out of boxes and cans as it relates to your health.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We do local CrossFit trainign at the station.

WOD(Workout of the Day)

To many to post here unless you want me to...

Some good points we live by at the station:

• Don't eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food. In other words, if she didn't grow it, raise it, kill it herself, or buy it fresh from the farmer down the road, don't eat it!
  • Avoid foods that have some form of sugar or sweetener listed among the ingredients.
  • Avoid foods that contain processed products or products which have been refined.
  • Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third-grader cannot pronounce. If your seven-year-old asks you what that word means, don't eat it, and don't give it to him either.
  • Avoid food products that make health claims. Healthy food choices don't need a marketing team or infomercial.
  • Avoid food products with the word "lite" or the terms "low-fat" or "nonfat" in their names. It's a marketing scheme and won't do your body good.
  • Avoid foods that are pretending to be something they are not (one example is margarine).
  • Shop the peripheries of the supermarket and stay out of the middle. Not much good comes out of boxes and cans as it relates to your health.

​Dude, I'd starve to death if I obeyed these rules....lol...:)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday's workout: Inline Skating in the park for 15 miles.

Today's workout: Focus T25 (back to back workouts for 50 minutes.

sune7u4y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I do two 1 hour walks with my dog everyday. Doss that count? :D

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.810 using Tapatalk 2

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I usually just work on my core since thats all I need to really do. I also try to get a good jog or walk in too on these days. So on mondays Wednesdays and fridays I work on the upper body. Tuesdays, thursdays and Saturdays i do my lower body and back. The weight that I use varies sometimes as well.

Bent over row- 5 sets

Hammer curls 6 sets

Dumbbell floor press 5 sets

Tricep extensions 4 sets

Concentration curls 4 sets

Floor press 5 sets

Push ups 8 to 10 sets

For my lower body

Situps- ( I just do them until I cant anymore)

Crunches- 5 sets

Vertical leg crunches- 5 sets

Flutter kicks

Dumbbell side bends- 5 sets

Dumbbell Deadlifts suitcase 3 to 4 sets

Its probably more that I missed but thats the core stuff I do.

Tapatalking from my Galaxy S IV

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Yoga 3-4 times a week. I do Vinyasa Flow / Power Yoga, so it builds muscle and burns fat at the same time. I do anywhere from 20-60 minutes per practice.

I walk the dogs 2-3 times a week for some added exercise.

I also walk a lot at work, 12,000-15,000 steps per day. Mowing and edging the lawn every week gives me a good workout in the warmer months (9-10 months here in Texas)

I also do cardio, either running or elliptical, about twice a week.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I did 10 miles on my Inline Skates today. Weather wise, it was a great day to exercise outside today.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yoga 3-4 times a week. I do Vinyasa Flow / Power Yoga, so it builds muscle and burns fat at the same time. I do anywhere from 20-60 minutes per practice.

I walk the dogs 2-3 times a week for some added exercise.

I also walk a lot at work, 12,000-15,000 steps per day. Mowing and edging the lawn every week gives me a good workout in the warmer months (9-10 months here in Texas)

I also do cardio, either running or elliptical, about twice a week.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Holy crap your job is enough cardio! :yes:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
My main goal in my workout is my core. I am building muscles too both upper and lower body but my main goal is to develop my abs. So here are some excercises I ran across that is going to be good for my upcoming vacation when I will be away from the gym for 3 weeks.

IMG_6609.PNG

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Well I go to the mailbox sometimes twice a day. I stretch my right arm up the wall facing sideways - 10 reps, hold for 5 secs at peak. Ten more facing front. Twenty wall pushups (although I can do these better on the counter, and get more out of it. I was given 90 minutes worth of postural activities to do, so I pick and choose from amongst them depending on my mood. I also hold my cane in both hands and stretch all the way back and up to the top. Five minutes worth.

​And y'all think you're so tough. :p

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I go to the mailbox sometimes twice a day. I stretch my right arm up the wall facing sideways - 10 reps, hold for 5 secs at peak. Ten more facing front. Twenty wall pushups (although I can do these better on the counter, and get more out of it. I was given 90 minutes worth of postural activities to do, so I pick and choose from amongst them depending on my mood. I also hold my cane in both hands and stretch all the way back and up to the top. Five minutes worth.

​And y'all think you're so tough. :p

You go girl! Alli this is awesome. I see now why you look so much healthier in your Avatar pics. Keep up the great workouts as I know these will go a long way on your road to recovery. :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My main goal in my workout is my core. I am building muscles too both upper and lower body but my main goal is to develop my abs. So here are some excercises I ran across that is going to be good for my upcoming vacation when I will be away from the gym for 3 weeks.

View attachment 36030

I'm gonna give this a go! how often should this be incorporated into a week?

i work out (free weights) 3-4 times a week and MTB or run 2-4 times a week (sometimes treadmill if the weather is not cooperating)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just finished doing 15 miles on my Inline Skates. Great calorie burn, but my time could have been a little better.

gyhube7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just realized we had a fitness area, lol!

5 mile jog/run Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun.

Free weights Mon/Wed/Fri

PT every other Saturday which includes whatever the supervising officers feel like doing for 2 hours (last week it was a mix of running and obstacle course that the academy uses and all the incumbents run through and make us look like bums, lol!)

...I also eat terribly, drink a lot of beer and pretty much negate my working out by going out to eat every night. I maintain weight, my wife loses weight and makes me sick, lol!

I feel good though, and in the end, that's what matters the most I think! I'm also down about 20lbs from where I was last year, and was able to play softball a lot easier this year than last year.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Just started using the "couch 2 5k" app. I do some bike riding, but I haven't ran since high school (35 now). My goal is to run a 10k in the spring, and maybe even a marathon by age 40 (gives me plenty of time :p )

Mondays workout was half hour, 5 min warmup, then alternating run for 60 sec, walk for 90 for a total of twenty min, then a five min cool down.

My legs still hurt today, but it's a good kind of sore. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro