Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 4 (iPod nano + iPad 3 + Xbox giveaway!)

babyjsmom

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Meet with a trainer today. He kicked my butt. It was a good workout. Only missed two days of workouts this month. Really enjoy going to the gym everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Another update day!

Kept up so far and Ive hit my goal of improving my distance for my cardio time thus far. I haven't done my p90x as I have wanted to, but my bods is pretty warn out right now, so I might take a break for a few days and focus on cardio and eating well. That is where i've been struggling. I'm not getting enough energy (food) as I get busy sometimes and just don't eat. So my mini goal for the next two days is to get eating healthy again, then back at p90x.

Cardio is stil no fun. Not sure how you cardio nuts out there handle it. Wow.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Sticking to my goal of building/strengthening my upper body. Increasing sets for my crunches, push-ups, roll-ups and squats. Still watching diet (indulged a little for Restaurant Week) and doing cardio 4-5 days per week. :eek:

seewyte

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
My goals this week would be to get back on schedule. Missed two runs due to staying late at work and I had 3 slices of pizza! I can do this!!!

JosianCrespo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Going for the cardio this last week. I'm sad that the month isover, but I'll try to go on until I lose all the extra pounds. I have lost 25 pounds this whole month. If it weren't for you people not only on iMore, but also Mobile Nations, I wouldn't be motivated into doing all the workouts. Thanks guys. :)

aj34

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
status update:

1. did do my jog/walk
2. did not go to bed by midnight
3. did cut back on sugar
4. did cut back on processed foods and ate more veggies

just gotta get more sleep

jtfish

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Been doing good on eating better. It's getting easier. I'm now down 18.8 lbs - haven't been this weight since the early 90's. Rough day yesterday - I had to put my 15 year old cat to sleep. Instead of laying on the couch, eating, I cleaned the house and went for a run - much better outlet! Still trying to get into a regular routine of strength training on my non-run days. I'm at about 1-2 days/week - need 3-4. Running a 1-mile fun run with my 6-year old daughter this weekend. Can't wait!

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I got sick last monday with a bad cold/fever so I've had to sit the past week out. Going get back into it this week and hit it extra hard. More two-a-days. More chicken/turkey. And more being exhausted. Good times are sure to be had.

two two-a-days down, two more to go. Today should be a rest day but I'm feeling too pump to sit it out. It's an awesome 70 degrees here in Dallas. Going for an outdoor run after work.

babyjsmom

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The trainer kicked my butt yesterday and I am sore. We worked the legs and back and I can feel them now.

Today was aquacise and I enjoy that class. Back at it tomorrow.

Still eating and drinking well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I need a good workout/upbeat music mix to keep up the tempo. Any recommendations? I can only listen to Party Rock Anthem so many times before I start wanting to stab myself in the face, but I don't yet have anything else in my library that has that kind of energy.

prewanabe

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Well I finished the month out strong. I ran 6 miles today and other than a couple girl scout cookies stuck to my calorie goal for the day. My fitness and weight are moving in the right direction. Looking forward to hear who wins the goods!

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
MADE IT!

Well, I made it through fitness month! I reflected on it a bit today (for about, you know, 20 seconds) and decided that I probably would have done most of the stuff anyways, except for the cardio. Prior to this month, I hadn't every really set goals for my cardio performance or improvement, and It has improved immensely.

My big question is whether or not I'll be able to keep it up. I can do almost anything for 3 or 4 weeks, but making it long term is more difficult. Any ideas?

Well, good job all! Keep setting goals and working hard!

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
February is at its end....

This has been a difficult but rewarding month for me...

I have begun to eat healthier consistently. I have substantially decreased my caffeine intake and also increased my daily intake of water.

I am now exercising 3-5 times a week. I have gradually increased my exercise weekly over the past month.

I have been using the MyFitnessPal app to track my dieting and exercise. This app proved most useful to initially guide me in understanding and implementing portion control and developing a working understanding of the calories in the food I regularly consume. It also helped forge new habits of healthier eating and regular exercise

Another app that I have referenced somewhat regularly during the past month is intelli-Diet. It created a plan of balanced meals that I was able to follow. It has a "kitchen" feature that allows you to tell it the food products you have on hand (the foods you want to work with) and it creates your meals from that pantry.

A third app I have used - one many people may overlook - is the alarm clock app. I have set the alarm clock judiciously for multiple times of the day in order to remind me to exercise and so I remember I am on a diet. In the beginning, it is far too easy to forget you are dieting and order a lasagna, etc.. at lunch. I also placed into my schedule (calendar app) time for exercise, otherwise I may have found it too easy and convenient to do another activity as it came along and completely skip the exercise. This forced me at times to make a conscious choice to reschedule and meet my exercise goals rather than just skipping an exercise period.

Over the past month I have lost 24 lbs. I am very happy with the results, although I feel that I may have been able to do even better if I wasn't sick part of the month.

My goal is to continue on this path. I have a good start, but a long way to go. I have learned to approach dieting and exercise day by day. Hopefully, this becomes a lifestyle change - I still find myself challenged to stay on track and avoid foods that I know are not appropriate at this time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice