My goals, jumping in late

NPR_Aficionado

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
Ok, so i had goals from the beginning, but have not gotten them posted yet. I used to be a runner, 4 mini marathons and one full under my belt; but I have basically taken the last two to three years off. I have been getting back into it and have the goal of running at least 3 days a week, more if possible, and increasing my long run each week by half a mile. This all actually started in Jan. but I am rolling it into this challenge.

So far success. This week I actually got motivated on my long run, today, and bumped it a full mile to 7 miles. Last week it was 6 and the weeks before; 5.5, 5, 4.5, & 4. Each week has seen 3 plus days of running as well!

I will keep up next week and through the month.

BTW, I use Endomondo to track my running and elliptical training. It is great when outside, but this time if year it is good for manual entry when the runs are on the treadmill.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
That is great! I love eliptical training as well. I unfortunately have a bad knee from when I played soccer, so the eliptical comes in handy for me. You are never too late! Best of Luck!

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
That is great! I love eliptical training as well. I unfortunately have a bad knee from when I played soccer, so the eliptical comes in handy for me. You are never too late! Best of Luck!

NPR_Aficionado

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
Keeping up on the running this week.

Monday on the elliptical machine at home, and runs on Wednesday and Thursday so far.

Luckily, I was once again motivated to "put a little extra" into my long run and pushed it another mile this week, up to 8 miles. The trail I was running on has mile markers, and I realized I was going to turn around 0.25 miles from the end/beginning of the trail if I just did my goal of 7.5 miles. So, I wanted to see the beginning and did the extra half mile required. Too bad that last 0.25 was all uphill!! Ouch, but on the plus side, when I turned around it was 0.25 downhill.

I would put my endomondo statistics up, but have not figured out how to do that yet. I believe I did save an image with my last 7 days activities, which I will post here.

Keep it up everyone!!

NPR_Aficionado

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
Here is my last update of the Mobile Nations fitness month, but not the end of my exercising!

Since my goal was to increase my long run each week by half a mile, and the last two weeks I bumped it a full mile each week. I decided to keep it steady from last week at 8 miles (I don't want to cause damage by over training/increasing my miles too fast, I have done that before and the knee pain is not fun). I put in my 8 mile run on Monday, and am on pace for three to four runs this week again. I am really enjoying getting back into the running routine and will probably register for one of the half marathons in my area in the first couple weeks of May. From my 8 mile base I should be ready by then.

Thanks to iMore for being a part of the challenge and pushing its members to go out and exercise!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR