Exercise tracking

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that lift weights what do you do to keep track? I've tried websites (bodybuilding.com) and apps (myfitnesspal) but always fall back to pen and a small notebook. I don't usually have my phone in the gym for fear of smashing the screen and have tried arm bands but dislike the feeling combined with the sweat that builds. Instead I use an ipod shuffle or sandisk clip for music. Entering my information during my workout isn't an option and I find entering the information afterwards to be tedious or I forget to return my notebook to my gym bag and end up with a frustrated start to my next workout. I typically like writing down my exercises as accountability makes me more likely to push myself and occassionally will go back a week to see what weight I used, get exercise ideas or ensure I'm sticking to my workout cycle. I like the idea of graphical representation of progress but dislike the hassle of entering in all that data.

Interested to hear what if anything other technologically savvy weight lifters are doing.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use Easy Gym Log. I bring it to the free weights, and I haven't crushed the phone yet. I like its flexibility. One thing that's nice is that when you enter a new session, the app defaults to the last weight entered. So, if you start where you last finished, you save a bit of time with entering data. I like to enter the data right after finishing a set, or sometimes after a few sets if the parameters aren't changing. I use a combination of free weights and machines, and I generally have the phone in a pocket until needed. I use a different device for music most of the time.

It doesn't have a graphical representation of the data, but I don't need that. Text showing upward progression works just as well for me. :)

Mark

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2