favorite healthy foods!

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Just thought we could benefit from sharing some of our favorite healthy foods. Recipe's welcome of course, but also simple stuff.

Some of my favorites. I keep it very, very simple.

Tuna fish-straight out of the can
Chicken Breast-cooked on a george forman
Cottage Cheese-great as a side dish
Black Beans-by themselves or mixed with eggs
Eggs (Save a lot of time scrambling them then microwaving them, very easy and fast)
Ground Turkey-substitute for ground beef, I actually like it better too
skim milk-

Those are just a few of my ideas.

ilovebarolo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I like vegetables as snacks, but I get tired of the same old celery and carrots sometimes. I buy those bags of uncut green beans. I throw them on a baking sheet and put them in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes. This cooks them just enough and they're still crunchy and I can eat them with my hands. They actually taste pretty sweet.

Asparagus is also good prepared this way in the oven, then drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar.

It's a good way to make veggies easy. Sometimes I don't feel like fussing with the saut?e pan.

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Greek Yogurt with fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
Steamed Zucchini
Tuna!
Sliced Tomatoes and chopped Cucumber marinated in Balsamic vinegar, Olive oil and other spices is a great snack!!

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree about the ground turkey. It is awesome and replaces all the beef in my cooking. My sister made us dinner two nights ago. She cooked up some lean chicken tenderloins and added a homemade sweet/spicy stirfry sauce, various sweet peppers, and served over whole grain rice. It was amazing.

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My favorites are Hebrew National 98% fat free hot dogs. Not sure if they are totally healthy but way better than regular hot dogs. I also love Popchips for when I am craving potato chips or something crunchy. They have way less calories and fat than regular potato chips. One of my favorites for dinner is to buy ground chicken. It's not easy to find though. I like it better than the ground turkey. I like to fry it with vegis and fresh salsa and it that for dinner.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I love grilled chicken as well! I eat pistachios as snacks as well as Greek yogurt. I absolutely love oikos yogurt!

NPR_Aficionado

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
Hummus!! Love it with lots of raw veggies, especially broccoli. Or on crackers (baked and low sodium).

All kinds of nuts in moderation.

I am a bit weird, but I also like basically all veggies. Roasting or steaming them keeps the nutrients in much better than boiling them, plus it taste better. Roast in the oven with some olive oil, salt, and pepper, works on almost any veggie.

Sent using Tapatalk.

rlicim

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I love fruits and vegetables. I think most of all I like strawberries and carrots but I cannot think of any fruit or vegetable i do not like.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Chicken and Turkey is mostly what I eat. When I eat beef I try to make sure it's at least 93/7 or higher.
I'm a fat man at heart and love to eat. Just wish it wouldnt cost so much lol.

I'm trying to learn to like veggies but the kid in me still finds them gross.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hummus, steamed veggies, grilled chicken, yogurt, fruit (fugi apples especially), oatmeal. Though I also have many "unhealthy" favorites, but that's for another thread! :p

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
i've got to add lentils to the list here. Very easy to make. Wash 'em off. Throw them in a pot add some water. Cook. Done.

They go great with just about anything. They are cheap. They can be seasoned to fit just about any taste. They are packed with protein. Highly recommend.

Georgia

iMore Prime
Feb 15, 2010
www.tipb.com
I love to make salads but not just the regular kind but one which has everything in it.

I make it with chopped up, cucumbers, tomatoes, mango, italian parsley, basil, avocado, lettuce parmesan cheese, feta, olives, and sometimes I use some left over steak of chicken slicked really thin.

For the salad dressing I use Olive oil, honey lemon juice some teriaki sauce, garlic, aged balsamic and salt and pepper

Its amazing and tasty

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro