Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 1 (iPod nano + iPad 3 giveaway!)

cjhpe

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I was able to meet my strength training goal. Plan to keep doing this through week 2. I will however try to increase to the week 2 strength training goal and add in watching my portion sizes. Turns out that free technology seems to be a good motivator for me!!!

In the interest of full disclosure...I missed one day (Saturday) it was just too busy with our kids activities and all. I think we were allowed one miss. However, I did notice that I missed doing it. I have figured out that strength training wakes me up and kind of gives me a bit of a spring in my step.

Also yesterday and today I had to drop down to one set of squats as my knee is getting a bit sore. Old injury. I think I am going to try and just do the squats every other day to see if the soreness gets better.

Thanks again for the motivation and a push to get started!!!

J...

Last edited:

mattp19

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So it seems as if I may have started week 2 a little early as I went by the week, but nonetheless, I am still drinking a crap ton of wter and not drinking any soda aside from the 1 Diet Dr. Pepper that I had.
I am still doing my 2 sets of 10 pushups and crunches a day with now 20 minutes of calestenics.
Feeling great!!!!

babyjsmom

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Week one down and I have lost 5 pounds with not sodas, fast food and cardio each day. Ya, can't wait for next weeks weigh in.

Paul

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
CARDIO: I will try to continue to play racquetball three times a week Mon., Wed. & Friday from 05:30AM-06:30AM before going to work. I will also once again try and ween myself off of coffee.

Anybody know of a good/great racquetball app for iOS or aOS?

jsarasien

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Week 1 (Feb 1-8) - Nutrition
Goals
*Reduce Calorie Consupmtion to 2000
*Reduce Fat Consumption to 20 grams
*Drink Minimum of 64oz of Water Daily
*Keep Food Log to track Daily Calorie / Fat Intake

jsarasien

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Week 1 (Feb 1-8) - Nutrition
Goals
*Reduce Calorie Consupmtion to 2000
*Reduce Fat Consumption to 20 grams
*Drink Minimum of 64oz of Water Daily
*Keep Food Log to track Daily Calorie / Fat Intake
I am excited to say that week one was a sucess. First few days were rough and I am sure my coworkers and roomate could tell I was more irritable. Keeping a food log was the key to accomplishing week ones goals. I am amazed how many calories and fat grams I consumed in a day. I already feel thiner and my pants are loose.

Cameronjr

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Day 3

Did another biking sesh today of about half an hour, Also did my 10 pushups/situps/squats but instead of 2 sets I did 3 sets this morning. Also, i havnt had any sugary drinks again.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am going to try commutting on my bike once a week (weather permitting for the 6 miles each way) and visit the gym twice a week. Week one (1 Feb - 4 Feb), I visited the gym twice for running and was able to go out for a trail ride, but weather wasn't good for commutting. We are almost at the end of week two (by the work week) and I was able to commute in three times this week (temps averaged 35 degrees:D) and made it to the gym twice. I am hitting the gym with a coworker and we added a core workout to help with our biking. I would like to think I am helping him meet his weight loss goal of 30 pounds by Spring, but he is helping me stay on track with frequency. Our ultimate goal is to do the 100+ miles of cross country mountain bike trails in Burk, Vermont in June. We (my office mate and I) feel this is helping us be motivated to make that goal.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Still on track with my strength training. Did Pilates today which focused on the core and biceps tonight.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
My goal is 3x a week strength training and 3x a week running 2 miles in 15 min.

So far during great. I hit it.
Next week will be 4 miles in 30min and 4 days of strength training. Also to cut out pastries for a week. Raspberry filled cream cheese Danish at my loca coffee shop.. I must resist.

Sent from my iP4S using Tapatalk

sector107

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The first step to a healthy life style is sacrifice. Insanity Cardio power and resistance in T minus 10 minutes.

May the Force be with you.

sector107

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My goal is 3x a week strength training and 3x a week running 2 miles in 15 min.

So far during great. I hit it.
Next week will be 4 miles in 30min and 4 days of strength training. Also to cut out pastries for a week. Raspberry filled cream cheese Danish at my loca coffee shop.. I must resist.

Sent from my iP4S using Tapatalk
I hear ya on that danish, keep it up man, hit that 40 min mile!:D

mattp19

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Still going strong.
I have hunkered down again and had another Diet Dr. Pepper, not all to bad though. I am still killing at least 100 oz of water a day so that is good. Still no fast food either!!!
The workout is going good as well. As to date I am down 7lbs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73