Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 1 (iPod nano + iPad 3 giveaway!)

stoneth99

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I hope it's not too late to get in on this. I just heard about it on the podcast over the weekend. Plus, in agreement with a famous comedian on twitter, I don't believe New Year's diets/workout agendas should start until after the Super Bowl

Anyway, I have 2 goals:

1. Start back on Insanity workouts, which is approx 40 min/day for 6 days/wk.
2. No alcohol

I'll keep everyone posted.

elysm1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
My goal is to run 15 miles a week and get some strength training in. I know it's not typical but I'd like to put on 5 lbs of muscle.

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Monday!

The week is going well....

Although I did diverge a bit yesterday during a Super Bowl Party, I am still doing well and am down about 6 lbs... I play poker on Thursday nights and I let the guys know I will not be bring doughnuts or other sweets - I will be bringing a veggie tray.

I do need to get out and exercise... I didn't do any yesterday and I have a very full day today.... Perhaps late this evening.

bones10

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I ran again this morning. I was contemplating waiting until tomorrow, but then I heard it's likely to rain tomorrow, so I got my lazy bones out of bed and ran 5.31 miles in 46:43 min - pace of 8:48min.

Yes sir! This was a good morning for me. :)

druantia

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I'm in.

My goal is to walk five days a week, for 20 - 30 minutes in the morning. If I can get up to a light run, I'll do that. My knees aren't what they used to be. I'm also back to tracking my food intake using the iPhone app Lose it, and will put in a weight goal. I did that two years ago, and was able to lose 15 pounds. I've put them all back on again and I am not very happy about it.

Thanks for the motivation.
Melissa

mbobella

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Gained 30 pounds now I have a reason to loose it

Last year I worked at a food court and gained about thirty pounds and lost all my muscle. I have been using the Fleetly app to track my fitness level and work outs. Also, Nike+ GPS for runs. So far not enough motivation to keep it consistent, until this possibility. Thanks iMore for the push.

Day 1
NTC (Nike Training Club) workout Crunch + Burn completed.
100 sit ups completed.
79 pushups completed.
15(20lb)x12(35lb)x15(20lb) dumbbell curl set (3 sets) completed
1.8 mile run completed.

Last edited:

hosamn

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
my 1st post :)

I'll go with the Strength training
"2 sets of 10 pushups, 10 sit ups, and 10 squats every morning"
that's 60 moves right when I get up, sounds challenging enough for me :) :rolleyes:

11:54 ‎06/‎02/‎2012 Just did my first set.
11:01 ‎07/‎02/‎2012 Second Done, sould say thank you :)
11:58 ‎08/‎02/‎2012 Alright, it wasn't that easy today..
10:51 ‎09/‎02/‎2012 I'm starting to feel a difference, Thanx a mil :) :)

Last edited:

babyjsmom

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been enjoying my workouts so far and today I tried Zumba. Kicked my butt but I liked it. Still good on no sodas and fast food. Even though hubby is nursing a cold coke right next to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kitty Cat

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Kitty Cat Febuary 6, 2012

Today I did 4 sets of 15 push-ups, curl-ups, squats, one leg mountain climbers, and two leg mountain climbers. In some sets with some exercises I went over 15. I also did 370 jumping-jacks. I did jumping-jacks for a half hour.

m13

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Saw Kevin's videos including the push up one. Funny!

I am not much into strength building but better cardio. My goal is to get on the exercise
bike at least 5 times a week for 30 min. I plan to lose one pound a week. My goal is to
lose at least 10 pounds. I am off to a good start. Just picked up a bike off Craig's list!
After I lose 10 pounds, I plan to reward myself with a Polar heart rate strap that is
supposedly compatible with the exercise bike. I will set a new goal after that.

Wish everyone good luck with their fitness goals!

TechPilot13

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Cycled 21 miles in an hour and thirteen minutes on Friday. Definitely healthy for my heart. Ran a mile in 5:45 last night on the icy track. Now off to tandem practice for my University!

mattp19

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Fit

So day two of the second week. No fast food and no soda thing is still going really well.
I did two sets of 10 each situps and pushups and instead of teh 15 I wanted to do I did 20 minutes of callestinics.
Going well and feeling great!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR