[GUIDE] How To Delete A Photo Album in IOS 7

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've come across several posts recently asking how to delete photo albums in iOS 7. Well, I put together this very short tutorial depicting exactly how to do it.

Step 1: Initiate the Photos app.

IMG_0172.PNG

Step 2: Tap on "albums" in the bottom right corner of the screen.

IMG_0175.PNG

Step 3: Tap on "Edit" in the upper right corner of the screen.

IMG_0176.PNG

Step 4: Tap the red circle in front of the album you want to delete.

IMG_0177.PNG

Step 5: Tap on "Delete".

IMG_0178.PNG

Step 6: Confirm that you want to "Delete Album" at the bottom of the screen.

IMG_0179.PNG

Step 7: Select "Done" in the upper right corner of the screen.

That's all there is to it. Thank you for reading.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi - I followed this exactly as you instructed, - but no red dot appears next to the albums ??

I have no idea why you aren't seeing what is depicted in the above pics. I just created another test album and the process for deleting it was exactly the same as above.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
How To Delete A Photo Album in IOS 7

Hi - I followed this exactly as you instructed, - but no red dot appears next to the albums ??

Is it an album that's synced from iTunes? If so you need to uncheck it in iTunes next time you sync.

What is the name of the album? Do you remember making it?

singlemaltmark

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Rather than 'Albums', mine displays as 'Events From my Mac'. When I select edit, no red dot appears, except beside another folder titled '1nr' (what is 1nr?). I'm a tech ***** and to make matters worse, I'm lazy, but I've grown tired of being challenged by my Macbook Pro and this iPhone 5. I've got some time on my hands the next few nights so will be digging around through these threads.

opinion02122

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Not all my albums have check marks. The only albums that have the check mark were those taken by my iPad. I THINK the others were, somehow, transferred from my computer. How do I delete them?

John 1947

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Want to reduce space taken on my I phone by sorting out photos .have IOS 7 .
Have read advice about deleting albums but from what I can see Camera Roll and Photo Stream do not duplicate all photos .I appear to have photos on Camera Roll that are noton My Photo Stream .
Do I have to go through them one at a time to move them ? And then delete Camer Roll?
Help !

blahblahbaby

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I believe the person is looking to delete the camera roll, which isn't an option.
Fastest way to delete all photos on iOS7:
Instead of album view, tap on "photos" on the bottom left. If it says "Collections" or "Years" at the top of your screen, tap through them until it says "Moments". In the top right corner, tap select, and now you can select a group of photos all at once. (These photos include the Photostream!!!)

The old iOS6 had a couple ways of deleting all the photos on your phone at once, but with iOS7, they don't work.

You can still connect your phone to your computer. If you're on Mac, use the program "Image Capture" and you can delete them all without backing them up to your computer, or select "Delete after transfer" if you do back them up.
On windows - think you can go into my computer or something and delect them all, or again, delete after import. I don't have windows so i'm not really sure.

Last edited:

blahblahbaby

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Want to reduce space taken on my I phone by sorting out photos .have IOS 7 .
Have read advice about deleting albums but from what I can see Camera Roll and Photo Stream do not duplicate all photos .I appear to have photos on Camera Roll that are noton My Photo Stream .
Do I have to go through them one at a time to move them ? And then delete Camer Roll?
Help !

In settings >photos & Camera, make sure the "My photo stream" is on. This uploads new photos when connected to Wi-Fi.

I do not personally know of a way to add them to photostream manually.
I just posted about how to delete the camera roll. There's no way to delete it all in iOS7 with one tap.

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
If I manage to delete camera roll photos will it also delete my iPhoto pics? I don't want to delete iPhoto. Thanks

CC Clubchair

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Bogus? maybe not.

The RED Dot for delete is missing if the album was SYNCHED from iTunes.

I was perplexed this for a bit.

Solution, connect iPhone to iTunes, go the Photos tab, uncheck the checkbox and click Apply button to synch and remove album(s).

Hope that helps. :)

IMO it sucks that you can't delete a synched album "in the field". It's highly probable one would need to clear some storage in order to shoot more photos or vid.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Bogus? maybe not.

The RED Dot for delete is missing if the album was SYNCHED from iTunes.

I was perplexed this for a bit.

Solution, connect iPhone to iTunes, go the Photos tab, uncheck the checkbox and click Apply button to synch and remove album(s).

Hope that helps. :)

IMO it sucks that you can't delete a synched album "in the field". It's highly probable one would need to clear some storage in order to shoot more photos or vid.

Did you see the information in post #6 of this thread?…:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro