[GUIDE] How To Reset & Restore Your Apple TV

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[INFO]
More people are discovering the benefits of owning an Apple TV and are quite pleased with their purchase of it. I know I am. Like all electronic devices, there may come a time when you need to troubleshoot it, or more specifically, reset or restore it. Below are simple steps to either reset or restore your Apple TV.[/INFO]

[TIP]1. Turn on your Apple TV

2. Select the "Settings" icon.

3. Select "General"[/TIP]

[WARN]
Now at this point, you need to be clear about what you want to do. Reset or restore? [/WARN]

[TIP]
Select "Reset" if you merely want to erase the account associated with it and reset its settings and any custom configurations. Thankfully, at the top of the screen will be a description of what a "reset" will do. [/TIP]

[WARN]
Select "Restore" if you want to return your Apple TV to its factory settings. In other words, choosing "Restore" will make the device like it was when you took it out of its box for the first time. This is the option to choose if you plan on selling the device or plan on giving it away.[/WARN]
[NOTE]
As also indicated on the screen, choosing "Restore" will also download and install the latest Apple TV software version.[/NOTE]

[INFO]
You can also restore your Apple TV via iTunes. To learn how to do so, tap on the link below.

http://www.imore.com/how-restore-2nd-or-3rd-generation-apple-tv-back-factory-settings-itunes

Anyway, that's all there is to it. Thank you for reading.[/INFO]

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
re: How To Reset & Restore Your Apple TV

Good job Darrick. If I did not have a smart TV it almost makes me want one. LOL Having trouble with your Apple TV are we?? Just kidding!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods