| || |
[GUIDE] How to set a location-based reminder with the iOS 7 reminders app
How to set a location-based reminder with the iOS 7 reminders app
There are a lot of members who prefer to use the native Reminders app over its third-party counterparts, and some of those members find its location-based feature to be quite useful. Yet, there are members who are interested in setting location-based reminder with the native Reminder app, but do not know how. Well, if you follow the instructions below, you'll learn just how.
1. Initiate the native Reminders app.
2. Select the Reminders tab, if it is not already selected
3. Tap on a blank space anywhere in the reminders tab. Afterwards, you will see an empty circle and a blinking cursor.
4. Type in the name of your location-based reminder. Notice that as soon as you type the first letter, a circle with an "i" inside will appear to the right of the line you're typing on.
5. After you've typed the name of the location-based reminder, tap on the circle with the "i" inside to bring up the "Details" screen.
6. Scroll down and locate "Remind me at a location". To the right of it, you will see a lever. Slide it to the right to activate the location-based reminder.
7. Underneath "Remind me at a location", you should see "Location". Tap on it.
8. You may be prompted to give the Reminders app permission to use your current location. Go ahead and give it permission.
9. You will be taken to the "Location" screen. Go ahead and type in the address or the contact name of the location you wish to be reminded.
10. When the distance radius appear, either leave the radius in tact or drag it outward according to the distance from the Walmart you wish to be alerted. Note: you can either choose to be alerted when you arrive within the set radius or when you leave the radius. Afterwards, tap on "Details" in the upper left corner of the screen to see the reminder you just set.
11. Tap on "Done" in the upper right corner.
Of course, you could simply tell Siri to do it for you, but for those of you who don't have Siri or don't care to use Siri, the above instructions should work well for you. Take care...