[GUIDE] How to set a location-based reminder with the iOS 7 reminders app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How to set a location-based reminder with the iOS 7 reminders app

There are a lot of members who prefer to use the native Reminders app over its third-party counterparts, and some of those members find its location-based feature to be quite useful. Yet, there are members who are interested in setting location-based reminder with the native Reminder app, but do not know how. Well, if you follow the instructions below, you'll learn just how.

1. Initiate the native Reminders app.

Photo Sep 22, 7 10 41 PM.png

2. Select the Reminders tab, if it is not already selected

RemindersTab.png

3. Tap on a blank space anywhere in the reminders tab. Afterwards, you will see an empty circle and a blinking cursor.

BlankSpace.png BlinkingCursor.png

4. Type in the name of your location-based reminder. Notice that as soon as you type the first letter, a circle with an "i" inside will appear to the right of the line you're typing on.

CirclewI.png

5. After you've typed the name of the location-based reminder, tap on the circle with the "i" inside to bring up the "Details" screen.

Details.png

6. Scroll down and locate "Remind me at a location". To the right of it, you will see a lever. Slide it to the right to activate the location-based reminder.

Remind.png RemindOn.png

7. Underneath "Remind me at a location", you should see "Location". Tap on it.

Location.png

8. You may be prompted to give the Reminders app permission to use your current location. Go ahead and give it permission.

9. You will be taken to the "Location" screen. Go ahead and type in the address or the contact name of the location you wish to be reminded.

LocationScreen.png Verizon.png

10. When the distance radius appear, either leave the radius in tact or drag it outward according to the distance from the Walmart you wish to be alerted. Note: you can either choose to be alerted when you arrive within the set radius or when you leave the radius. Afterwards, tap on "Details" in the upper left corner of the screen to see the reminder you just set.

Radius.png Details.png

11. Tap on "Done" in the upper right corner.

Done.png

Of course, you could simply tell Siri to do it for you, but for those of you who don't have Siri or don't care to use Siri, the above instructions should work well for you. Take care...:)

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
But how accurate is it in iOS 7 I used it on iOS6 a couple of times but I would get close to said local like say a couple of blocks from work to my parents but the reminder would go off on something that I needed to be reminded for at work so I stopped using it

Sent from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
But how accurate is it in iOS 7 I used it on iOS6 a couple of times but I would get close to said local like say a couple of blocks from work to my parents but the reminder would go off on something that I needed to be reminded for at work so I stopped using it

Sent from my iPhone 5
Well there is only one way to find out how accurate is is in OS 7 now isn't there?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok here's my test results I found they did add a field narrowing option in the map section of the Location option in reminders so I set it up for 325 feet radius last night to remind me when I arrived at my parents house this morning but it never went off as it should have. So I'm not sure how reliable this will be so I'm going back to using the time and date option

Sent from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok I tried the When I Leave setting and it worked perfect gonna give the Arrive another try now

Sent from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok it works but is a little off I set it for 200 ft from home it went off about a mile away probably using the cell tower????????

Sent from my iPhone 5

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok here's my test results I found they did add a field narrowing option in the map section of the Location option in reminders so I set it up for 325 feet radius last night to remind me when I arrived at my parents house this morning but it never went off as it should have. So I'm not sure how reliable this will be so I'm going back to using the time and date option

Sent from my iPhone 5

Give it time; it'll work eventually! Google Now's location based reminder wasn't very reliable at first either but it's very good now.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
True I have just the test setting it up now

Sent from my iPhone 5

Sent from my iPhone 5
Trail and error until you find what you can get to work for you an hone in on it. :)

Jonathan Jackson4

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
How to set a location-based reminder with the iOS 7 reminders app

There are a lot of members who prefer to use the native Reminders app over its third-party counterparts, and some of those members find its location-based feature to be quite useful. Yet, there are members who are interested in setting location-based reminder with the native Reminder app, but do not know how. Well, if you follow the instructions below, you'll learn just how.

1. Initiate the native Reminders app.

View attachment 38553

2. Select the Reminders tab, if it is not already selected

View attachment 38554

3. Tap on a blank space anywhere in the reminders tab. Afterwards, you will see an empty circle and a blinking cursor.

View attachment 38555 View attachment 38557

4. Type in the name of your location-based reminder. Notice that as soon as you type the first letter, a circle with an "i" inside will appear to the right of the line you're typing on.

View attachment 38559

5. After you've typed the name of the location-based reminder, tap on the circle with the "i" inside to bring up the "Details" screen.

View attachment 38561

6. Scroll down and locate "Remind me at a location". To the right of it, you will see a lever. Slide it to the right to activate the location-based reminder.

View attachment 38563 View attachment 38564

7. Underneath "Remind me at a location", you should see "Location". Tap on it.

View attachment 38565

8. You may be prompted to give the Reminders app permission to use your current location. Go ahead and give it permission.

9. You will be taken to the "Location" screen. Go ahead and type in the address or the contact name of the location you wish to be reminded.

View attachment 38566 View attachment 38569

10. When the distance radius appear, either leave the radius in tact or drag it outward according to the distance from the Walmart you wish to be alerted. Note: you can either choose to be alerted when you arrive within the set radius or when you leave the radius. Afterwards, tap on "Details" in the upper left corner of the screen to see the reminder you just set.

View attachment 38570 View attachment 38571

11. Tap on "Done" in the upper right corner.

View attachment 38572

Of course, you could simply tell Siri to do it for you, but for those of you who don't have Siri or don't care to use Siri, the above instructions should work well for you. Take care...:)

I have read the instructions to set my reminder location. However, I do have Siri. So, how does this work? How do I use Siri?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW