Holy Crap!! - WWDC Reaction

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Holy Crap!!

You herd (sic) wrong... the beta is coming out soon (today? tomorrow?) but the "official" won’t be out until "this fall".

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Some of the iOS 7 features that caught my eye:

• Multiple pages of apps within folders. Still no folder within folders, but at least I won?t need 3 folders of games and 2 folders of weather apps! :)
  • Activation Lock
  • Notification Center toggles
  • Control Center switching
  • Safari iCloud keychain
  • Camera - 4 shooting modes and live filters
  • AppStore auto update
  • Facetime/Call/iMessage blocking for those really annoying people

Same here. Sucks they didn't include actionable notifications, the whole interface looks pretty cool

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

WOW.. You guys are crazy. Apple changed close to nothing...yet again. Sure their is a new "skin" I call it. Its not a new OS at all. Its the same grid of apps now with different icons ?! REALLY?! I can change the icons 2851681 times a day to whatever I want on my HTC One. What else is new? Their multi-tasking? Looks like a glorified version of Auxo too me. Remember, those animations that look all good in the video arent going to be their on the actual damn phone. Its clearly made for the video itself. Control center is something they finally got too bad I had it for a year +.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Same here. Sucks they didn't include actionable notifications, the whole interface looks pretty cool

Agreed. My hope is that Apple slips that into the final product. They’ve been known to add features after GM but before GA... and since they have added it to OS X, it is possible, I guess. That will make iOS 7 nearly complete, and sound the death knell for the majority of jailbreaking, as they will have then added most of the features that people JB to get.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Apple has been late but has a better implementation so I am hoping to see that again in the same...

I generally agree. All of these guys take ideas from the others. That was a cool thing about webOS and the quick access to wifi, Bluetooth, etc. is a good thing about Android. I'm glad to see iOS get good features.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

WOW.. You guys are crazy. Apple changed close to nothing...yet again. Sure their is a new "skin" I call it. Its not a new OS at all. Its the same grid of apps now with different icons ?! REALLY?! I can change the icons 2851681 times a day to whatever I want on my HTC One. What else is new? Their multi-tasking? Looks like a glorified version of Auxo too me. Remember, those animations that look all good in the video arent going to be their on the actual damn phone. Its clearly made for the video itself. Control center is something they finally got too bad I had it for a year +.

Troll hungry! Need food!

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

Not at ALL ! I had the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 when it came out. I like iOS i just hate when Apple shows something and everyone is like OMG!!!! When the feature has been forgotten about on Android. Sure iOS 7 "looks' appealing. But really how much different is it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I'll take crazy over moronic...you can enjoy the latter.

iphonelvr

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

I like iOS i just hate when Apple shows something and everyone is like OMG!!!! When the feature has been forgotten about on Android.

iOS just does it better. More fluidly. More stable. Not fully of bugs like android where you have to be walking around with two batteries and a charger in hand.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Agreed. My hope is that Apple slips that into the final product. They?ve been known to add features after GM but before GA... and since they have added it to OS X, it is possible, I guess. That will make iOS 7 nearly complete, and sound the death knell for the majority of jailbreaking, as they will have then added most of the features that people JB to get.

I wouldn't go saying it will do anything to Jailbreak. Sure the less hardcore JBers will flock to it. However there are still many things that iOS 7 wont give a user that true JB users will want. So sure it will make some people switch maybe a large amount maybe not. However there will still be a large amount left.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Not at ALL ! I had the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 when it came out. I like iOS i just hate when Apple shows something and everyone is like OMG!!!! When the feature has been forgotten about on Android. Sure iOS 7 "looks' appealing. But really how much different is it.

Android features mean nothing if you have to wait a year or more to get it.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

Agreed. My hope is that Apple slips that into the final product. They’ve been known to add features after GM but before GA... and since they have added it to OS X, it is possible, I guess. That will make iOS 7 nearly complete, and sound the death knell for the majority of jailbreaking, as they will have then added most of the features that people JB to get.

I couldn't disagree with you more more.. While they added several new features, there's still hundreds available in Cydia that they did not, still no widgets, quick reply, notification icons, etc..

Plus, you can't change out these hideous pre-school icons without jailbreaking, a friend of mine that doesn't care one bit about jailbreaking or themes, told me he might have to jailbreak just to change the hideous new icons out.

Now iOS 7, with a truly well-designed and beautiful theme installed like Jaku, will be awesome.

Jailbreaking should be more popular than ever.

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Some of the iOS 7 features that caught my eye:

• Multiple pages of apps within folders. Still no folder within folders, but at least I won?t need 3 folders of games and 2 folders of weather apps! :)
  • Activation Lock
  • Notification Center toggles
  • Control Center switching
  • Safari iCloud keychain
  • Camera - 4 shooting modes and live filters
  • AppStore auto update
  • Facetime/Call/iMessage blocking for those really annoying people

WebOS style of app switching. As an ex WebOS user, i am major psyched for that.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

What is the activation lock?
It's a new thing where if someone wipes their device with "Find my iPhone" the only way someone can activate and use that device again is to provide the iCloudID & Password of the account used to wipe the device.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

You know how you said iOS 7 wont impress me swarlos? You were wrong. Screw Android iOS is tonnes better, My god I am so impressed by iOS 7
You cant tell how bloody excited I am for it.

Haha well I'm glad I was wrong!!

So excited for Control Center such a better implementation then Android.

Super stoked for iCloud Keychain!

Just wish there was interactive notifications like Mavericks.

I'm so impressed!

Sent from the collector home world.