Sprint iPhone 4S thread

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if Sprint will allow Tethering (cable or WiFi) on the Sprint iPhone 4S. Does anyone know if the Sprint hot spot service will be available on the Sprint iPhone 4S?

Yes you can as long as you pay the fee as others have pointed out. If you go to sprint.com and look at the phone where it gives the icons for what it can do, there is an icon for hotspot :)

Reactions: Dark_Blu

dslunceford

Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
No nav would suck. Are there no carrier apps preloaded at all? Wish there was a "casual tether" also, where you use as needed for daily fee vs monthly.

I know a lot of other phones can use tether hacks, same for iPhone?

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone planning on using the Sprint Google Voice integration with their iPhone 4S? I love it as a feature, but I've got to admit, I love the regular text messaging app on the iPhone better than the Google Voice app.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone planning on using the Sprint Google Voice integration with their iPhone 4S? I love it as a feature, but I've got to admit, I love the regular text messaging app on the iPhone better than the Google Voice app.

I would rather use Sprint's voicemail just because of how Google Voice makes you use a pass code for everytime you log into voicemail.

mech1164

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Since I won't be able to upgrade until April. I will be very interested in how everyone fares. I've rooted the EVO I have so the tether is a non issue for me at the moment. When I get the iPhone5 next year have to remember to jailbreak it for this. Besides by then LTE will be out on Sprint and I like Wimax for now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Since I won't be able to upgrade until April. I will be very interested in how everyone fares. I've rooted the EVO I have so the tether is a non issue for me at the moment. When I get the iPhone5 next year have to remember to jailbreak it for this. Besides by then LTE will be out on Sprint and I like Wimax for now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

LTE won't come out till 2013 for Sprint, WIMAX will be around next year too.

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Going to be a new Sprint customer when my 4S arrives in the mail. Hearing good things about the coverage in my area but anything has to be better than my AT&T experience.

Although I do agree this thread could be useful for now, hopefully Rene or another administrator makes a separate Sprint forum soon.

Edit: Oh, it exists! lol

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
There are NO Sprint apps, including navigation, on the iPhone! Apple doesn't allow it and it was listed on the details page of the Sprint site.

You'll have to use the app store and will not be able to bill them to your Sprint account, anymore, either.

That said, I preordered and already have my tracking number, so I'll post with updates, after my 4S arrives.

Mistress of Mischief

ivhs72

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
No carrier apps preloaded on any iPhone, no matter what carrier. It's an Apple policy that all phones are shipped that way. Just like you won't see a carrier name or logo on the phone.

No nav would suck. Are there no carrier apps preloaded at all? Wish there was a "casual tether" also, where you use as needed for daily fee vs monthly.

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm all for no carrier bloatware on the iphone, i had to use preware patches to get sprints bloatware off my webOS phone. But I do hope sprint will have some apps available on the app store for sprint iphones, especially being sprint navigation .

I have heard that on Verizon iPhones you can download VZ navigator from the app store, can anyone confirm this. If true sprint should be able to do the same thing.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I had the Verizon iPhone 4 and their navigation app is available in the app store. It sucks that it costs, and I'm glad I'm no longer with them!

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I can see the positives and negatives for the elimination of carrier apps. There are some that I do like and use and they are free. It would add up really fast if I have to buy them. With Android, I simply root and get rid of what I don't want. If I have to pay for something as basic as Navigation that would really stink. Are there any decent free apps at all? Lol, I guess Android is the Poor Man's iPhone. Sure, some of the devices may initially cost the same but with all the free apps you can literally get anything you want by just putting up with a few ads (or rooting and installing Addblocker).

I will just have to check out my son's iPhone when he gets it, whether that is Friday or closer to Christmas, and just see what it is all about. :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Go to the Apps forum and search "navigation." You will find tons of threads debating the different apps, the relative costs, and the various free options. There are plenty of choices on iOS.

Reactions: CarrieMK

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm using PDANET on my EVO and have never been charged for Tethering via USB. It's a Godsend when the computer network goes down randomly and I can still connect to the web. I don't care about hotspot as much as I care about Tethering. Any apps like that in the App store that utilize USB tethering without additional fees, would be a good thing.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I definitely will. I need it. I need to use my existing Google Voice number rather than my phone's number.

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm using PDANET on my EVO and have never been charged for Tethering via USB. It's a Godsend when the computer network goes down randomly and I can still connect to the web. I don't care about hotspot as much as I care about Tethering. Any apps like that in the App store that utilize USB tethering without additional fees, would be a good thing.

Apple has not accepted PdaNet into the App Store due to understandable reason. You will need to jailbreak your iPhone and install it through Cydia.

" Think different"

~ Steve Jobs ~

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Admin,

I request that this thread that I created by moved to the Sprint forum, if that hasn't already been done. It is an iPhone 4S thread but completely about the Sprint version of the phone, so that should be appropriate, I think?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77