Google Maps and blue navigation bar at top of screen

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that has used Google maps will know that when you minimize the app it will still show a blue navigation bar at the top of your screen that you can tap to bring the app back to the top. We'll, at least for me this has stopped appearing and I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times and it still doesn't appear. This was very useful for a one tap action to bring the app back up. Has anyone experienced this or know of a fix?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's working for me. Aside from restoring your device I'm not sure what to tell you. The blue bar only appears when you're currently using navigation. Make sure you have location services enabled for Google Maps.

8d11ea3aaa19932b204cfc56abb8d57d.png

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes the blue bar still appears across the top. May I suggest delete, reboot and then reinstall. That has helped me in the past getting other apps to work properly...
bd4dc5aa19ea44c03b53107705c1a46c.png

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've done is changed the location setting from "when using" to "always" (because I thought that would be helpful I guess). I'm going to change it back to "when using" and see if that makes a difference.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Update: since leaving the privacy setting in the "when using" position I have not experienced the issue.

danielonline

May 5, 2017
Visit site
Thanks MrMars for posting this. I had this problem and it was making using Google Maps while driving a huge pain.

As Spencerdl wrote, I did "delete, reboot and then reinstall."

And also as you wrote I did "leaving the privacy setting in the "when using" position."

Thanks ya'll.

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
I'm glad I found this solution. "leaving the privacy setting in the "when using" position" seem to work more than "delete, reboot and then reinstall." I guess it does not hurt to try both.

I think it would be helpful to add to this thread the search term:
how to make google map reappear at top of iPhone
how to turn on google map at top of iphone
bring back google map at top of iphone
google map at top of iphone went away lost disappeared

Those are the searches I did. It took a while but I eventually stumbled on to this solution thankfully.

noice_ed

Dec 28, 2017
Visit site
I know I’m a few months late, but I just had this same problem. I figured out that for me, if I had location settings for google set to always the blue bar doesn’t show, but if your google maps location settings are set to “only when using app” the blue bar appears when you minimize the app. Hope this helps if you have not yet figured it out

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit