Gmail syncing contacts issues

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If this has been covered I apologize. Now that gmail can't be set up through exchange I have my contacts set up through CardDav. I have actually had to exchange a device and my contacts all came up on the new device. One thing I just noticed after a couple months of having this set up is that when I go to my gmail email on the computer that as I add new contacts they do not show up on my email account on the computer? Anyone know what I am doing wrong? When with exchange it went both ways without issue. Thanks in advance

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If this has been covered I apologize. Now that gmail can't be set up through exchange I have my contacts set up through CardDav. I have actually had to exchange a device and my contacts all came up on the new device. One thing I just noticed after a couple months of having this set up is that when I go to my gmail email on the computer that as I add new contacts they do not show up on my email account on the computer? Anyone know what I am doing wrong? When with exchange it went both ways without issue. Thanks in advance

What do you have it setup as ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I set it up like it was recommended after January of last year. There was a blog that was done. Gmail through stock ios mail and then CardDav for the gmail contacts.

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think I have it figured out. Under settings in mail I found a default contacts and you choose between iphone and gmail. I switched to gmail and then making new ones show up. But the ones already on the iphone didn't. I guess maybe you can't get the ones that were already on the phone to sync?

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Can I sync my iphone contact to either icloud and google as well ?

But I don't want to use any email (gmail) on my iphone

Can anyone advise how can this workable ?

thx in adv

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234