Results 1 to 7 of 7
Google Now - GPS battery use tracking
We can all see that Google Now is using location services constantly. Or at least the arrow is now always on my status bar. So far this morning however I don't think my iPhone has taken really that large of hit to the battery. I'm still at 95% after going off charger at 7:30am this morning with only minor usage.
I'm going to assume Google is smart enough not to have it polling for location constantly. But is using the background locating services and getting location at some kind of set interval.
I thought we could track the battery drain and post if we notice a big hit through a few days of usage. Please post if you see a big battery drain or not.
- 04-30-2013, 09:35 AM #2
- 04-30-2013, 01:26 PM #4
- 05-02-2013, 01:55 PM #5
Re: Google Now - GPS battery use tracking
I installed the upgrade on both my iPhone 4S and my iPad4 in my experience was that it was definitely impacting my battery life. I went into the settings and turned it off so it is merely a couple of screen taps away to use it. I also think that Google now does not do what Siri does so it is definitely not a replacement. I am a big fan of the Google search app on both my devices (as well as on my PC at work and my MacBook at home) but Google now eating my battery is not a good thing.
- 05-02-2013, 03:24 PM #6
- 05-02-2013, 07:59 PM #7
- By BLiNK in forum Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and SocialReplies: 8Last Post: 10-23-2011, 11:06 PM
- By sparkso in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2010, 10:41 AM
- By Hack-My-I in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 13Last Post: 10-22-2010, 09:18 AM
- By GFunk911 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 04-22-2009, 05:40 PM
- By rijc99 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-24-2008, 09:32 AM