Google maps voice issue

Phillip Sislofsky

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got my iPhone 5 and having an issue w/ the Google Maps app. Whenever I input a route for directions and hit start, the voice activation kicks in and starts telling me where to go. This is the problem:

After I leave the google maps app, the sound on the rest of my phone is off. Text notifications, music, and even hitting the sleep button on top. All sound is gone. I have to restart my phone to get those sounds back, and then they disappear when I use the directions function again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have never heard of anything happening like that and I haven't experienced anything like that with Apple Maps, Google Maps, MapQuest or Waze on my iPhone. I used Apple Maps voice navigation yesterday on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.3) and after I was done, there were no ill-effects to my sound settings or any other setting. I don't know what to tell you.

UPDATE: I will download the Google Maps app and see if I can re-create your experience and get back with you.

Phillip Sislofsky

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Yea, it's kind of weird and not running into any others having this issue. May just exchange the phone before it's too late and not worry about trying to fix it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I tested out the Google Maps voice navigation feature on my i5 and shortly afterwards, I received a phone call & an iMessage and my notifications & alerts worked like they did prior to me using the Google Maps voice navigation feature. I know you said you just got your phone, but did you jailbreak it? Anyway, like Keith stated, I doubt problem lies with the phone itself and you may want to consider connecting it to your computer and restoring it as new via iTunes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2