Will Apple approve Google Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I posted a topic a couple of days ago which brought on some spirited debated concerning Google Now vs Siri. Well Noe you could be able to see which one is better on your iPhone for yourself granted apple approves Google Now for use in there App Store.

http://m.techcrunch.com/2013/03/21/..._campaign=Feed:+TheTechBlock+(The+Tech+Block)

Would anyone be interested in downloading this application although you already have a similar functionality in Siri?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I think they will approve it shortly. Just like they did with Maps and Gmail, they'll hold it for a little while and then release it when enough people fuss for it. I think we will see it anytime between now and 2-3 weeks from now.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
That will be really cool to compare it's functionality on my iPhone compared to my nexus 4. I already know it will be limited on the iPhone, because it won't have as much access to iOS as Siri does. It will still be neat however.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If Apple made a Siri app for Android, would Google allow that?

And if approved, a Google Now app for iOS will be just like Google Maps for iOS... which, in my use and opinion, is just not as good as 3rd party apps, or Apple's Maps.

bobbybaloo

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
First of all yes Google would allow that... but Apple would never do that.
Second of all Google Maps is not as good as other third party map apps or Apple's maps??? What planet are you living on?
Also, google now is not a voice assistant app like siri, the google search app already does that and even on ios beats siri on some queries. Google now is all about making information available to you when you need it without you having to ask for it.

If Apple made a Siri app for Android, would Google allow that?

And if approved, a Google Now app for iOS will be just like Google Maps for iOS... which, in my use and opinion, is just not as good as 3rd party apps, or Apple's Maps.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What planet are you living on?
Earth.

Google's maps on iOS are not as good in my use as is Navigon, which for me is even better than Apple's Maps. I still prefer my stand alone Garmin Nuvi - Navigon is a very close second... then Apple Maps... I only have GoogleMaps on my iPhone for an unlikely event my other preferred choices are somehow unavailable.

quamdar

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It won't be as good as Siri simply because they won't be able to integrate it into the OS as much as Siri. Google's voice recognition blows Siri out of the water though especially when it comes to proper nouns.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Some of you are apparently the people I point and laugh at in stores and parks. Standing there shouting commands at your phones instead of discreetly typing.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
It won't be as good as Siri simply because they won't be able to integrate it into the OS as much as Siri. Google's voice recognition blows Siri out of the water though especially when it comes to proper nouns.

That's exactly what I was saying. Since it can't integrate with iOS the experience won't be as rich as it is on Android.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they will approve it.

And, IMO (and for me) Google maps are wayyyy better than Apple maps. Particularly when wanting to get "public transit" directions

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

And, IMO (and for me) Google maps are wayyyy better than Apple maps. Particularly when wanting to get "public transit" directions

I agree that Google Maps is much better. Gmail is better than Apple's offerings, too. But it'll eventually come through. Just like Gmail did and then Maps did. Just give it time.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree that Google Maps is much better. Gmail is better than Apple's offerings, too. But it'll eventually come through. Just like Gmail did and then Maps did. Just give it time.

There is no app for Google Now in the pipeline awaiting Apple's approval. None. It's all a load of Eric BullSchmidt.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site

They will when it gets to approval stage, since we just found out it is not. If they don't approve it everyone will make a big fuss about it, and then they will. Regardless Google Now will be in the app store. Hopefully sooner then later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711