Gmail set up question

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone! So I have been living under a rock since Jan 27 due to my first child being born :). Anyways I have noticed under my gmail I can no longer make a new label on my iPhone. After researching I realize now what is going on with exchange not working and so on. So, freaking out over this because I just can't give up gmail and I love my apple products I took and added my gmail account to my wife's iPod touch and it works perfectly. I can see all my labels, and create and edit labels also and it syncs perfectly with my gmail account. I also ran some tests and sent some emails to myself from my wife's email. And all 5 times I tried the mail came faster to the iPod than to my phone which is set up gmail through exchange. Am I missing something? What would I lose if I would just set it up through the gmail setup on my phone? Thanks and sorry in advance for the ramble. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I get that but when I did the test from my wife's email it came instantly everytime? And in fact beat the exchange every single time? Weird?

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Guess I am just curious if other people out there have had good experience setting it up that way and battery comparison and all that good stuff! Stinks Google took push away!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With my Wi-Fi only iPad 2, I get ALL alerts faster than I do on my iPhone. The difference is time is probably a second, though. Anyway, I deleted my Gmail Exchange account on my iPad and set it up using the regular Gmail setup with fetch set to 15 minutes. I then sent myself a test message. The iPhone (configured via exchange) received the test message approximately 5 seconds later, but I have yet to receive the test message via the iPad. I'll send a few more tests throughout the day to see if I can duplicate your experience. I will post an update either way.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Guess I am just curious if other people out there have had good experience setting it up that way and battery comparison and all that good stuff! Stinks Google took push away!

Hi Jebulls
Why don't you try the gmail app? it is veery good and handling the labels and it has push. You should give it a try.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods