Any Way To Have Push With Gmail In Stock App?

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I set up an account at outlook.com. Then forwarded gmail to that email address. Imported contacts to outlook as well. I was not married to Gmail and I think Google made a mistake in ending their support for activesync. The Gmail app is terrible, IMO, as it needs to refresh itself every time you open it. Many times throughout the day it wont even show me my new emails for a minute while it refreshes.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I set up an account at outlook.com. Then forwarded gmail to that email address. Imported contacts to outlook as well. I was not married to Gmail and I think Google made a mistake in ending their support for activesync. The Gmail app is terrible, IMO, as it needs to refresh itself every time you open it. Many times throughout the day it wont even show me my new emails for a minute while it refreshes.

That and sometimes I won't get a badge to go away even with all mail marked as read. Takes a reboot and opening the app again to go away.

fuzzy#AC

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
In regards to the google apps for business stuff.

I don't mind the cost...but can I add it to my existing gmail, email account?

I am not interested in a new domain or email address.

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard if this will be a permanent deal not to be able to push through iOS native mail app with gmail? I really don't feel like switching email again?! I wonder if apple or google will compromise? If not what is everyone else using? I switched from yahoo to gmail back in 2010. Is outlook any good?

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess I can't believe they would keep it that way? I mean for me it would be easier to switch email than a new phone? I just don't want to switch to outlook or something then they make another change!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've just given up. The official Gmail app sucks so badly. I just setup to fetch every
15 minutes with the stock app. I don't mind paying the $50 for Google Apps, but I
want the same exact domain. *Throws hands in the air*

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand the Gmail app. So sick of all the "flat" UI crap these days. I actually like the stock mail app, but I use Mailbox now for Gmail. That has push.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand the Gmail app. So sick of all the "flat" UI crap these days. I actually like the stock mail app, but I use Mailbox now for Gmail. That has push.

Do you find th native mail app to be non-flat? ... :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I tried Mailbox for a couple of days and realized there was no way I could have a
good flow using it. If the Gmail app is too flat, then the Mailbox app is way too
overdone. I just find the stock app to be simplistic (the way I like it). Plus, I when
I receive an e-mail, I don't have to have the app freeze every time I wanna open
the damn thing.

larrymcj

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Not supposed to be true. I have an iPhone 5 that I've had since it was released, and push with Gmail (configured via Exchange on the phone) has always worked. After the iOS 6.1.4 update recently, push stopped working.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR