Google Maps for ios. Organizing saved locations

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to "rename" saved addresses in the Google Maps ios app? Just saving an address is not nearly as convenient as renaming it to whatever you want. That's one great feature Apple Maps has over Google Maps. You can rename destinations, "drop pin" and rename it whatever you want etc...

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Can only be done using the browser.

To rename an address, navigate on your browser to www.google.com/bookmarks. Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be able to see all the locations you’ve saved through the Google Maps app.

I have done that. Also created a "work" map with all the locations I make deliveries too but, I don't find a way to access them in the Google Maps app.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
To view your Recently Saved and Shared places:

Make sure you are signed into Google Maps for iOS.
Tap the My profile button.
See a list of your saved and shared places in the “Recently Saved and Shared” section.
Select a location in this list to see it on the map.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
On a web browser, you have to enable the collection of your search history... go to your Google account Dashboard, and go to the Web History and turn it on.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm aware of how to view recently searched and saved locations within the app but, they don't appear as I've renamed them via my pc browser. Nor can I view the "My Maps" I have created within a pc browser. And yes "web history" is on...

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
It appears these features are not available in the current Google Maps for IOS. Hopefully in a future version...

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the new Google Maps for IOS. In the short amount of time I had to play with it before leaving for work I still do not notice a convenient way to rename saved addresses. Maybe it will become apparent over time but until then its still Apple Maps for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the new Google Maps for IOS. In the short amount of time I had to play with it before leaving for work I still do not notice a convenient way to rename saved addresses. Maybe it will become apparent over time but until then its still Apple Maps for me.

I read that there was an update. I may reinstall the app and check it out

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
On the iPhone - Open the Google Maps app - log in with your GoogleID... tap the "person" icon in the upper right... tap the gear in the upper right... tap "Maps History" - tap the "X" on entries to delete.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro