Gmail Active sync working correctly for you?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I got my answer, its after Jan 30, 2013, and google is going to start cutting off EAS to iPhone and force you to use their crappy app.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm aware of that policy, but it's for new accounts and device setup. Existing accounts set up with exchange will continue to work as normal.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm aware of that policy, but it's for new accounts and device setup. Existing accounts set up with exchange will continue to work as normal.

It doesn't apparently matter bec I checked their help forums and other people randomly had theirs stop and that was Google's answer as well (that free accounts no longer have EAS). And it isn't just iPhones either, it's Android as well apparently.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Outlook.com has free exchange but it doesn't support imap for desktop clients.

Well, for now I have them set as IMAP and Ill deal with moving my stuff around later. I am going to move my email back to my host from Google Apps I think to eliminate that probably first. I refuse to use the Gmail app, I have a Mail app that came with my phone, I don't want another damn app for my email. I did the contacts for now as that caldav or whatever til I get all my stuff liberated from Google again.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
it stopped working again. There has to be a better service. I would use outlook.com but they only support pop3 for desktop clients.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner