Gmail Active sync working correctly for you?

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Gmail is pushing to my phone as it should, but when I read an email on my computer that email no longer gets marked as read or archived as it normally did. Anyone else experiencing this?

Jay5w

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue. Read/unread status as well as moving emails from my inbox to another folder does not push.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a few minutes ago that I only have the problem if I access gmail using thunderbird and IMAP. If I use gmail.com everything syncs both ways as it should.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Working for me, but I am still using Exchange setup.

Sent test email. Viewed on MacBook, deleted email.

It is no longer showing on iPhone.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I still have gmail setup as exchange on my phone, the only time it doesn't work though is if I use thunderbird which is setup as IMAP. It has always worked in the past.

Jay5w

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have gmail set up as imap in outlook. It is exactly as you say. Before, when I made a change in outlook, it would push to my iphone in just a few seconds and everything would be in sync. In the past few days, when I make a change in outlook, it never seems to push to my iphone until I manually fetch.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping 6.1.2 would fix it thinking it was an exchange bug. Since gmail.com works with syncing the way it should I'm thinking Google wants to force us over to there system.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine no longer does as of today. Even after the 6.1.2 update it "cannot connect to server" which is driving me insane. All of my email is set up that way, as is half of my contact list and my entire calendar.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you messed with any of gmails settings? I turned off pop and IMAP saved and the turned IMAP back on too. Might be worth a try.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW