Any way to not delete Gmail on server when checking on iPhone?

hummerton

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello all :)

I have been checking online and found this forum... but I cannot find my specific question so I thought I might ask for help.

I check my gmail on my iPhone 4 (iOS6.1). I would like to be able to check and read or delete on my iPhone but still leave as unread in my Gmail account online. Any way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your efforts !

Rob

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Log in to your gmail via the Safari browser, specifically with a computer or desktop mode via a mobile device and then go to "Settings" and then "Forwarding and POP/IMAP". From there, you can either disable POP or leave it enabled but select option 2 and alter the pulls own menu to your specification. That should do it for you.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello all :)

I have been checking online and found this forum... but I cannot find my specific question so I thought I might ask for help.

I check my gmail on my iPhone 4 (iOS6.1). I would like to be able to check and read or delete on my iPhone but still leave as unread in my Gmail account online. Any way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your efforts !

Rob

If you?re using IMAP, it will always reflect what you?ve done on another device because you?re actually working with the message ON THE SERVER ... you can keep the mail status (read/unread/moved to a folder, etc), ONLY if you?re using POP3... because your actions are done to the local (on your device) copy of the mail. IMAP, by definition, means that you are working with the original email on the server.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711