Google Calendar not consistantly syncing?

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
For about a week now I've been noticing that my iPhone 4S calendar, which is synched with my Google calendar, is randomly not synching certain events. It seems that all the classes for this semester that I added a month or so ago, along with new events, come and go on the iPhone. They're in Google, so it's not that. Older event entries are fine. I think. I don't think it has to do with updating to 6.1 (pretty sure it started earlier) but I guess it's possible. This is not a new device, I've had it since the 4S first came out. I also thought it was location based at first, but now not so much.

Thanks for the help.

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Most, if not all, were added from my PC through the Google Calendar web page. I'm reasonably certain there's some glitch with Google and the iPhone talking to each other. What's really weird (to me) is that this didn't start (or at the least wasn't noticed) until school started. It initially was only my classes that were dropping off and was only noticed at school, hence my initial belief that it was location based. Now, however, I'm noticing it at other locations as well.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have three Google based calendars on my phone and all of them sync up correctly. Never seen things be removed unless someone at my work removes something..

Are these shared calendars or public calendars that the school uses?

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
These aren't being removed. Sometimes they're just not on the iPhone calendar. If I go into the Google app they're there. These are on my own personal calendar. Imagine creating an event, seeing it on the iPhone calendar, six hours later it doesn't show in the calendar, and then the next day it's just back.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
These aren't being removed. Sometimes they're just not on the iPhone calendar. If I go into the Google app they're there. These are on my own personal calendar. Imagine creating an event, seeing it on the iPhone calendar, six hours later it doesn't show in the calendar, and then the next day it's just back.

Can you verify that you are subscribed to the calendar where you're entering the classes?

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
John, yeah it was correct, but thanks. Especially so since I think you just showed me how to do something else that I was wondering about :)

Yes, I can verify that. I'll go even a bit further and say that the only thing that has been changed regarding my calendar since I got the phone was that events were added. The events are added with both the Google app as well as from a PC on the Google Calendar webpage. This is something that just started up with no changes, unless upgrading to 6.1 did it. As I said at the beginning however, I think this first started being a problem before I upgraded. Even odder is that it seems that these entries have just stopped showing up on the iPhone now. Might delete the events and rebuild them.

EDIT: Playing around and by switching the events from "Default" to "Public" and then back they show up.

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
There are two other calendars that I'm subscribed to, but they have never shown on the phone for some reason, and still don't. The one in question is the only one that I "use" and is the one I'm having a problem with. Effectively all the events that I expect to see on my calendar are on one, and it has always been that way. These three or four events on this calendar are the only ones with an issue; other events on the same calendar are fine.

Well, in any case, by playing with the settings it works again, so thanks for the help.

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Yippie, back with a vengeance. The calendar on my iPhone has dropped everything since late January. I haven't changed anything. I've modified no settings, removed no events, or added new events. Just boom, gone. They're still on Google, but not showing on the phone. This is an independent act of aggression towards me by my phone or Google, dunno which.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yippie, back with a vengeance. The calendar on my iPhone has dropped everything since late January. I haven't changed anything. I've modified no settings, removed no events, or added new events. Just boom, gone. They're still on Google, but not showing on the phone. This is an independent act of aggression towards me by my phone or Google, dunno which.

Try this: on your i-device, go to Settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scroll down to the calendar section. The 3rd line should state "Sync". To the right of "Sync", select "All Events". Now initiate your calendar and see if the missing events appear.

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Nope, no joy. This is weird. The iPhone shows the last event as January 26, the one prior December 11. There are events on my calendar between that point, but they don't show up on the iPhone (pretty positive they did before). There are events after January 26 as well that DID show up on the iPhone, but don't anymore. NOTHING has been changed, this is totally without my input and on my personal calendar.

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Well, managed SOMETHING, I just dunno if it will work long term. I went into the settings, turned off calander sync, deleted the calendar entries from the phone, then turned it back on. Once I synced back up all looks good, for now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, managed SOMETHING, I just dunno if it will work long term. I went into the settings, turned off calander sync, deleted the calendar entries from the phone, then turned it back on. Once I synced back up all looks good, for now.

Outstanding, and thank you for the update....:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234