Google Calendar not consistantly syncing?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Try this: on your i-device, go to Settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scroll down to the calendar section. The 3rd line should state "Sync". To the right of "Sync", select "All Events". Now initiate your calendar and see if the missing events appear.

I'm in the same boat as necigrad. My Google calender has not been syncing since late January; the same time they turned off Exchange for free accounts. My email and contacts are still working through exchange just fine. But the calender sync seems completely dead. I tried the steps you said and still nothing from my Google calender appears on my iPhone, at all. Also turning off calender sync and turning it back on does nothing as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as necigrad. My Google calender has not been syncing since late January; the same time they turned off Exchange for free accounts. My email and contacts are still working through exchange just fine. But the calender sync seems completely dead. I tried the steps you said and still nothing from my Google calender appears on my iPhone, at all. Also turning off calender sync and turning it back on does nothing as well.

Have you tried the steps found via the following link?

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/151674

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
After turning off sync did you delete all calendar entries? If I remember correctly I turned off sync, deleted all calendar entries (which should be for the phone only) then turned sync back on. Since I did this I've had no problems.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Still not working. Is my clinging to setup via exchange messing it all up?

Thank you thank you thank you. The key is to not cling to your exchange settings. I use Mailbox anyhow so no biggie for me. Turn them off (meaning your exchange GMail account). Set up a new gmail account in your phone by using the steps outlined and just have it sync calendars. It worked immediately!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711