How to add google calendar to your iPhone and share with others (shared google calendar)

jloftis27

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
After many attempts at figuring this out I have finally come up with a way of sharing a google calendar across platforms. It is fairly simple with an android device (my wife's) on setting it up on her phone. On my iphone 5 I had a little bit of difficulty but finally figured it out. Here is how to do it:

1. Settings
2. Mail, contacts, calendars,
3. Under accounts, create new,
4. enter user name, and password ( I am ONLY going to use this account for calendar) Then in the description Calendar
5. Next when the boxes come up fill in the server field with m.google.com, the user name is the fully e-mail address xxx@gmail.com
6. Hit next
7. Then if you want only the calendar to come over just turn mail and contacts off. Hit save, and your done.

You can do this on the android ( or whatever ) device also, then when you or someone else adds something to this calendar it will show up on the calendar and when you add something it will show up on theirs.

Hope this helps someone

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You're just creating a new calendar to share amongst a group of people? What about the Share/Edit option in Settings? That's how I share with my relatives even back when they were on Android.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711