Google Exchange Active Sync

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I think this is a hot topic, no?

As many of you already know, Google will discontinue Exchange Active Sync on Jan 30th 2013.
I typically setup my GMail on my iOS devices using Exchange. With Google discontinuing this service, that means, Calendar and Contacts will not work the same.

So, I guess my question to you, You, and YOU, is, how will you now work with your Calendar and Contacts on iOS devices?

Go...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
same as I have been... iCloud is where my calendar and contacts are synced, so I give not one hoot or tinker's damn what Google is doing with active sync. :)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I think this is a hot topic, no?

As many of you already know, Google will discontinue Exchange Active Sync on Jan 30th 2013.
I typically setup my GMail on my iOS devices using Exchange. With Google discontinuing this service, that means, Calendar and Contacts will not work the same.

So, I guess my question to you, You, and YOU, is, how will you now work with your Calendar and Contacts on iOS devices?

Go...

nw,

After all this stuff broke, I decided to import my calendar and contacts to iCloud to sync with my MacBook Air, iPhone 4S and iPad2.
The good news I can now subscribe to other ical calendars like Holidays and Sports teams and they all sync across all devices.
Before, Microsoft Exchange would sync other calendars from Google to iPhone and iPad. But I could never get them to come over from Google to my MacBook Air.

Regardless, now I am only using Google for my Gmail:
On iPhone and iPad - Exchange Sync until and if that goes away-existing customer are OK but what happens when we reset as new to clean it up.
On MacBrook Pro - Imap

It's a lot cleaner for me.

Good Luck

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I've been reading about this change that Google has decided to make.

For me, I think my solution is to use my Google Apps domain. I'd stopped using it as my main account for a while. But, since I'm a gadget person, and constantly trying different OS', this would probably be the best solution for me.

fire6

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you forwarding your gmail to icloud? I have a lot of people who contact me by my gmail address and dont want to try and change that.
Thanks

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Yes I was forwarding from Gmail to iCloud.

But this afternoon after further thought I've decided to continue to use my Google Apps account.

Are you forwarding your gmail to icloud? I have a lot of people who contact me by my gmail address and dont want to try and change that.
Thanks