No More Active Sync?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
after switching over to a new device i no longer have active sync

anyone else experience the same?
Same here, but Gmail is not my primary account and therefore, it is not a big deal. Still, messages sent to that account arrive fairly quickly on my device.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
how do you have yours set up now?
Keith is right, Blink. The Gmail setup is IMAP based.

interesting.. do you happen to have a link (tutorial) on this? needing incoming/outgoing servers

and i assume this is for email only?
No tutorial needed. When you add an email account via your iPhone and select the Gmail setup, it will only ask for your Name, Email address, Password and the description you want to give to the account. Piece of cake, my friend...:)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If you go into settings, and mail... and select to add an account, selecting gmail off the list defaults to IMAP.

How can I setup IMAP for GMail on my iPhone? | The iPhone FAQ

Keith is right, Blink. The Gmail setup is IMAP based.

No tutorial needed. When you add an email account via your iPhone and select the Gmail setup, it will only ask for your Name, Email address, Password and the description you want to give to the account. Piece of cake, my friend...:)

gotcha. been using the Gmail app since last night and not too thrilled about it. gracias!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you go into settings, and mail... and select to add an account, selecting gmail off the list defaults to IMAP.

How can I setup IMAP for GMail on my iPhone? | The iPhone FAQ
I just went in and re-set Gmail up this way, instead of as it was. I am hoping this is a lot faster of a connection than how the Gmail setting was. I know it still does it as "fetch" every 15 minutes...but hopefully maybe now it's quicker. I doubt it though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner