Exchange Gmail

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I'm getting a MacBook Air soon.
I currently sync mail, calendar and contacts on my iPhone 4S and my iPad 2 to Gmail through Exchange.

When I set up Exchange on my new MacBook Air, am I to use m.google.com if prompted for a server?
I know to use that I use it as the server when setting up iPhone and iPad but not sure about the MBA.

TIA

Anyone? Anyone?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
You can't use that server as its only for active sync. But.. You can setup imap, then add the calendar and contacts separately (google is an option) in their respective apps on the Mac.

xkon,
Are you saying I can't sync my calendar, mail and contacts through Exchange on my soon-to-be MacBook Air or are you suggesting the other way is better?
I'm confused as usual.
TIA

So Exchange is active sync and that is only for iPads and iPhones. Right?

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Yes, but I think it will take without the need for it.

Just Me, D
JMD,
I'm confused. See xkon's post above.
TIA

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
xkon,
Are you saying I can't sync my calendar, mail and contacts through Exchange on my soon-to-be MacBook Air or are you suggesting the other way is better?
I'm confused as usual.
TIA

So Exchange is active sync and that is only for iPads and iPhones. Right?

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:39 PM ----------

JMD,
I'm confused. See xkon's post above.
TIA

xkon is correct. With the Mac, you have to use IMAP. I reviewed my settings via my MacBook and it is setup via IMAP. Sorry for giving the wrong information and thanks to xkon for correcting me.

Just Me, D

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
xkon is correct. With the Mac, you have to use IMAP. I reviewed my settings via my MacBook and it is setup via IMAP. Sorry for giving the wrong information and thanks to xkon for correcting me.

Just Me, D

JMD,
Not a problem Bro,
Tks anyway
Good Luck

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member