GMail as Exchange not pushing email on iOS 6

chrisoldroyd

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if this is an iPhone 5 issue or an iOS 6 issue but since getting my iPhone 5, GMail is not getting pushed to my device, mail only arrives when I open the Mail app. All of my settings are correct and the same settings work fine on my iPad 2. I have deleted and re-added the account, removed all mail accounts and added them back one by one, and now done a restore. Still exactly the same problem.

Only option I can see is to set up as a new phone but that's going to be painful, anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks
Chris

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. You've done what you needed to do except the main thing...reset and restore as new so you might as well get started and get it over with...;)

M.J.Clark

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I was having issues with loading it as gmail, so I used exchange with the domain: m.google.com

From there I was able to pick and choose what I wanted on my phone. I also cross connected the wife's calendar with mine so we have access to each others schedules.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just restore as new without even setting up anything but the Exchange account. Then test it. If it works, then you know you fixed it with a restore. If it doesn't, you have your backup.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
No problems here either, It's kind of funny I get my gmail email on my iPhone before I get on my Android devices.

chrisoldroyd

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Restore and set up as new did not fix it, still the same problem. My proper Exchange account works fine, its just Gmail. The same account is pushing fine to my iPad.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Restore and set up as new did not fix it, still the same problem. My proper Exchange account works fine, its just Gmail. The same account is pushing fine to my iPad.

Confirm you have setup Gmail as an Exchange account? If you are setting up as a "Gmail" account then you will be on a "fetch" schedule (instead of "push") and there are four settings for that schedule -- every 15, 30, hourly and manually. I believe the default is manual so maybe that is the problem. Long story short -- setting up Gmail as an Exchange account is a much better way to go.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I was having issues with loading it as gmail, so I used exchange with the domain: m.google.com

From there I was able to pick and choose what I wanted on my phone. I also cross connected the wife's calendar with mine so we have access to each others schedules.

Exactly this on my phone too. Push mail works perfectly with my Gmail account now using this method.

JonB74

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same problem I have with iPhone 4s. Email is all but busted. Won't connect to the servers, extremely slow, won't load messages.

Email is NOT busted. At least not for everyone. I, too, have an iPhone 4S and my gmail (configured via Exchange) is being pushed without a problem.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good for you - want a cookie?
I was talking about MY phone not yours

You know, I was responding to your remark that "email is all busted". I did not think that my response was inappropriate. Unfortunately, you appear to have taken it inappropriately. As for your question - Do you want a cookie? - No thank you, but thank you for offering. Hopefully, you will get your email problem solved soon. Sorry I wasn't much help. Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening...:)

mariarose7

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I was having the exact same problem. iPad push working, iPhone 5 not so much. The only setting I found that was different for my iPad and iPhone 5 was within the iTunes in the 'Info' section of the sync settings on my computer. I had to uncheck the 'Sync Mail Accounts' for my iPhone and push services started back up. Hope this helps!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My 4S is having the same issue. If I don't have the Mail app running I don't get email, no push, not at all, won't connect. I have deleted and re-setup my accounts, and I have completely reset the phone and started completely from scratch and still have the same issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice