Google Drive

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Until we get an iPad/iPhone Google Drive app, how does one sign up for Google Drive to access using my laptop directly from their site?

I have all of my docs, music and photos on Google but don't see where to get Google Drive.

Or is it not rolled out yet?

TIA

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Have you read the policy for Google Drive?

"Your Content in our Services: When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes that we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content.

The rights that you grant in this licence are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This licence continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing that you have added to Google Maps)."

I'm not a lawyer but to me it looks like they pretty much take ownership of it. There is no way this is a good thing. Can you imagine putting work related information or anything there for that matter as secure?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...we already do that with Gmail :)

Have you read the policy for Google Drive?

"Your Content in our Services: When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes that we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content.

The rights that you grant in this licence are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This licence continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing that you have added to Google Maps)."

I'm not a lawyer but to me it looks like they pretty much take ownership of it. There is no way this is a good thing. Can you imagine putting work related information or anything there for that matter as secure?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Apparently for private domains hosted on Google, you'll be waiting...as usual. Not even a Notify button. :(

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Alli, to get access quicker, from your Google Apps account go to Google Drive, and click notify me. Within 24 hours you'll receive the email notice that you now have Google Drive.

My Google Apps account is active and that's what I did...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got access a short while ago after signing up last night.
Now my question. To share files that are on Google Docs, can you only share files with someone who is on Google as well?

If you have many files in Google Docs and share one single file with someone, will that person also be able to see all your other docs or only what you share?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Google is the only company that will willingly 'launch' a product, then not make it available for use. How is it considered to be launch with so many people not able to access it? To add insult to injury, they don't even have a iOS app. It's hard for me to see how people are excited about a service that is basically still an idea at this point for many.

It's almost analogous to the Nike FuelBand. Yes the product has 'launched' but it isn't widely available for consumption. You have to follow their twitter page and hope to god your thumbs are fast enough to obtain one of the five bands they have in stock for a given soft launch. Off topic, but I was excited to finally get one :).

Maybe google drive will be the same. Maybe my saltiness will go away once I am able to use G-Drive, but until then it's confusing as to why some are so excited, given its inaccessibility. My .02.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Alli, to get access quicker, from your Google Apps account go to Google Drive, and click notify me. Within 24 hours you'll receive the email notice that you now have Google Drive.

My Google Apps account is active and that's what I did...

On my Google Apps account, there is no notify me button. There is on my Google account (which I don't use).

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods