Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Gmail Password Problem

Over the last few days I have started having the following problem. Whenever my phone checks my exchange gmail account it pops up a screen saying incorrect password. This has never happend to me before and my config has not changed. I have seen others at different forums with this problem but it seems the solutions posted don't last and I get the message again at a later time. Any ideas?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    4,312 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Try unlocking the Google Captcha from your phone:

https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Try unlocking the Google Captcha from your phone:

https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    I tried that this morning and I got the password message a little while ago.
    bonesb

Quote Originally Posted by rstark18 View Post
    Over the last few days I have started having the following problem. Whenever my phone checks my exchange gmail account it pops up a screen saying incorrect password. This has never happend to me before and my config has not changed. I have seen others at different forums with this problem but it seems the solutions posted don't last and I get the message again at a later time. Any ideas?
    You, and lots of others, including me and a few of my employees using my Google Apps domain. I followed Googles recommendation to sign up for 2-step verification and then followed authentication problems exactly like you're describing. Fortunately, there's a link for that: Recently enabled 2 Step Verification? Having trouble with your password? - Gmail Help

Even a few of us that hadn't signed up had issues, but then did and followed the instructions, and not an issue since. Yeah, I wish Google would let us know this stuff, but they don't, not even for paid accounts like mine. BTW, following the instructions stuck - for each of us, but I sure was ticked off until I found the link...
    Happy New Year!
    Thanked by:
    Alli (12-31-2011)
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

@bonesb thx for this. I don't have two step on so it wouldn't allow me to complete that page. Currently today the message hasn't popped up (I cleared my network settings and reloaded my Gmail account which has fixed it temporarily). As soon as it pops up again I'll do the two step and then set up a pswd like you suggested.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Go into settings in gmail and inside of the general tab you will see Browser settings. Make sure it is set to "don't always use https" and you should be good 2 go
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Gmail Password Problem

Quote Originally Posted by bonesb View Post
    You, and lots of others, including me and a few of my employees using my Google Apps domain. I followed Googles recommendation to sign up for 2-step verification and then followed authentication problems exactly like you're describing. Fortunately, there's a link for that: Recently enabled 2 Step Verification? Having trouble with your password? - Gmail Help

Even a few of us that hadn't signed up had issues, but then did and followed the instructions, and not an issue since. Yeah, I wish Google would let us know this stuff, but they don't, not even for paid accounts like mine. BTW, following the instructions stuck - for each of us, but I sure was ticked off until I found the link...
    Happy New Year!
    Your link does not work. I am having the same issue with gmail not recognizing my password on my iPad.

Global Posts
    22,165 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Gmail Password Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne Anderson View Post
    Your link does not work. I am having the same issue with gmail not recognizing my password on my iPad.
    If you've instituted the 2-step verification process, you may need to enter the 16-character verification code instead of your primary password.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Re: Gmail Password Problem

I follow this all steps but it is still not verifying me as user, so what else I can try?