Help syncing Gmail contacts

Milkshake!

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!!!

I have just got my all new iPhone 4S, and so far i am loving it.

But i am having one problem!

I can't seem to sync my contacts from Gmail to my iPhone properly. I have followed the instructions from the Google website which i have pasted below. However, all the NAMES and EMAIL ADDRESSES for all my contacts have come on to my iPhone BUT their NUMBERS have not. I have tried the procedure shown below more than once, but every time i have the same problem!

Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync from Google Support

1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account....
4. Select Microsoft Exchange. OS 4.0+ now allows multiple Exchange accounts. However, if you're on a device that doesn't let you add a second account, you could also use CalDAV to sync Google Calendar and IMAP to sync Gmail.
5. In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address. If you use an @googlemail.com address, you may see an "Unable to verify certificate" warning when you proceed to the next step.
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9a. Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialogue appears.
10. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar and Contacts) that you want to sync.
13. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!!!

I have just got my all new iPhone 4S, and so far i am loving it.

But i am having one problem!

I can't seem to sync my contacts from Gmail to my iPhone properly. I have followed the instructions from the Google website which i have pasted below. However, all the NAMES and EMAIL ADDRESSES for all my contacts have come on to my iPhone BUT their NUMBERS have not. I have tried the procedure shown below more than once, but every time i have the same problem!

Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync from Google Support

1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account....
4. Select Microsoft Exchange. OS 4.0+ now allows multiple Exchange accounts. However, if you're on a device that doesn't let you add a second account, you could also use CalDAV to sync Google Calendar and IMAP to sync Gmail.
5. In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address. If you use an @googlemail.com address, you may see an "Unable to verify certificate" warning when you proceed to the next step.
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9a. Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialogue appears.
10. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar and Contacts) that you want to sync.
13. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.

This is how I sync'd my phone up with my 4s and I did it to my Fiance's 4 this morning!

TheZodiac#IM

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out with my wife's contacts. It has nothing to do with the iPhone. Go into GMAIL
click Contact Manager....you will see "My Contacts" these are your most used contacts so GMAIL groups them there (and this is what your iPhone syncs with}....if you look down further you'll see "other contacts" click on that. At the top there is a check box beside "Add to MY Contacts" check mark that box to add all your other contacts to "MY Contacts" then hit the Add to my contacts button or choose the one's you want in MyContacts. Now open GMAIL on your iPhone and they should sync in GMAIL Exchange.

Hope this makes sense .:D

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I figured it out with my wife's contacts. It has nothing to do with the iPhone. Go into GMAIL
click Contact Manager....you will see "My Contacts" these are your most used contacts so GMAIL groups them there (and this is what your iPhone syncs with}....if you look down further you'll see "other contacts" click on that. At the top there is a check box beside "Add to MY Contacts" check mark that box to add all your other contacts to "MY Contacts" then hit the Add to my contacts button or choose the one's you want in MyContacts. Now open GMAIL on your iPhone and they should sync in GMAIL Exchange.

Hope this makes sense .:D

Tks for the info TheZodiac
Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2