Exporting Contacts to Gmail

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to export my contacts to gmail. I tried the method outlined by google and it did not work. I tried to export vcard and csv files and gor empty files with no contacts in the file. Please help me. What am i doing wrong? I am on ios 5.0.1 with an iphone 4.

TIA

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Are your contact currently only on your iPhone and not sync'd to any digital service?

Yes. I am trying to sync them to gmail that has no contacts on it with no luck at all. ALL the how to that I have tried came up empty. It could be an ios 5 thing.

The one common method of sync with itunes by using the sync in the info tab is not working. I am following the instructions exactly

Contacts Upload via iTunes (PC) - Google Mobile Help

Then I go to my contacts in gmail and there is nothing. Totally empty. Why is that?

Last edited:

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I solved my problem. I did a search and found an app in the store called MCbackup. I backed up my contacts in a vcf file and emailed it to my google account. I openned the file from my google account and it populated the contacts section. VOILA. Done. Easy as pie :))))))))

chambruie

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I just did this and the whole thing including downloading the app, copying contacts, sending email to gmail and populating in contacts took about the same time as typing this!!

Thanksssss

Lucian Iorgus

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Unbelievable simple .. spent my fuc... Saturday looking for a way to export contacts from iPhone to gmail and it was that stupid simple and for free !
I was trying to crack programs and other idiot things .. and the solution was at a click distance. THX

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73