Gmail Mail-Push

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi, everyone. I have set up Gmail on my iPhone. However, when I go into settings I find that I have two options for the account-Fetch or Manual.I was wondering how/if I can set it up for Push. Is this possible? Thanks.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have another question if you don't mind. If I set this up so that my contacts from Google are synced (included on the phone through Exchange), will that create duplicate contacts on my phone and in iCloud? Currently I have it configured so that iCloud syncs my phone and Mac Address Book, but it would be nice to have my Google contacts merged with this, as well.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Anything created prior to iCloud don't sync to iCloud atleast in my phone so my 100 gmail contacts that I have synced before ios5 was around when I enabled iCloud no contacts synced only new ones I created and those would only go to iCloud not to my gmail so I guess it depends on having one or the other .. I was hoping I would just have the same contacts on both so I just removed the iCloud contact sync .. since everything was already on gmail

In your situation anything in your gmail should appear but when your in your contacts if u go to groups you will have gmail and iCloud and also all.

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: leharris22

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I set it up as Exchange but had issues with deleting mail (it only archived) so I went back to Gmail. Thanks for the help!

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
just as an aside, i set up a folder called iphone trash. this way when you "delete" something on your phone, just move it to the iphone trash folder. then later you can delete all the contents of the folder from gmail on the web. just one thing i've done.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711