gmail calender

treogolfer

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am new to iPhone. I have always used gmail calender as my calender and it synced with my Palm pre. I have several calenders for family, job, plus few more. But only default calender shows up on iphone. How do I get other calenders to show up?

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this answer, it helped me so much. I was tearing what little hair that I have out trying to get this to work.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
do you know of a way to syn an Outlook calendar with google calendar in preparation of using an iphone? this is coming from a Blackberry..

same would be for contacts...

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
do you know of a way to syn an Outlook calendar with google calendar in preparation of using an iphone? this is coming from a Blackberry..

same would be for contacts...

edit- 10/17/11

I figured it out.. even figured how to upload all my contacts from Outlook... but one this baffles me..I was test driving a 4S today at the ATT store and for the life of me, I could not find a "contacts" icon... I suppose you have to be in either Phone or Messages to pick a contact?

Now if I could figure out how to export all my PocketInformant data off my Blackberry 9700 and upload that information to Google..as dont use the native Blackberry calendar..

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok.. another dumb question.. but does the Google Calendar appointments show up on the native iPhone calendar or do you have to log into your Google account to view the calendar?

tnrambler

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out.. even figured how to upload all my contacts from Outlook... but one this baffles me..I was test driving a 4S today at the ATT store and for the life of me, I could not find a "contacts" icon... I suppose you have to be in either Phone or Messages to pick a contact?

On a stock 4s, you will find the Contacts under Utilities. You can swipe left on the home screen to pull up the keyboard. Start typing the name and the contact will come up.

Ok.. another dumb question.. but does the Google Calendar appointments show up on the native iPhone calendar or do you have to log into your Google account to view the calendar?

Google appointments will show up on the iPhone calendar. Once you set up your Google account as an Exchange account, you will need to go to m.google.com/sync on your iPhone and select the calendars that you want to appear on your phone.

Reactions: Rockdog97

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Right on! Thanks for the tips.:D

So then I take it that when I add something to the phone calendar it automatically syncs to the google calendar and vice-versa?

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
:):):):):):)

last night I added like four different calendars, using the Google Calendar web site. Does the iphone handle multiple calendars? i know my BB can't... ;)

mheller310

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Still Can't See Calenders

I'm new to the iphone and all the posts have been very helpful. I have read all the ones regarding the Google Calenders and not being able to see all of them. I have logged on to m.google.com/sync and selected the calenders but still dont see them all. When I logged in I didn't get the option to select a device. I did not set up my gmail account as an Exchange account, does it have to be? The mail works fine, I just cant see all my calenders. I must be doing something wrong as the outlined tips above seem to be working for everybody. I need help.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox