GV Canada, wifi iPad 2. SMS?

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to set up Google Voice in Canada on their wifi iPad to be able to send SMS to cell phones ( i devices and other ). I'm not even sure if this can be done or what is involved, I'm trying to find a way to send SMS directly to a phone number without having to get people to install a third party app such as LiveProfile and the like. I know GV is not currently available in Canada but have seen some (rather convoluted) work arounds to get it installed, I'm not even sure if this is the best solution. I know iOS 5 will enable i device chat but I still have a few BB friends out there as well as other cell phone types.

Any ideas?

Duane

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I found a solution in Cydia called WiFiSMS. It's not perfect but it works when your iPhone has wifi access. You the use Safari with your ip address and port 8080.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Update

Actually I found something less complicated, textPlus+ is now giving phone numbers to Canadian users. This works with iPods and wifi iPads. You can text from wifi to any phone SMS seamlessly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234