GMail Microsoft Exchange Sync?

disturbed10890

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, So I finally setup the gmail push function with microsoft exchange, and got my contacts all synced. Now, whenever I add a contact, will it automatically sync with my gmail? Or is there a certain thing I need to do to have it sync with each other? I would like it to automatically save my contacts with gmail (like verizon backup assistant would do on my blackberry). thanks

palmprenc

May 16, 2011
Visit site
You will need to go into the Settings and select Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc... Scroll all the way to the bottom to the Contacts section and select Exchange as the default account.

disturbed10890

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
You will need to go into the Settings and select Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc... Scroll all the way to the bottom to the Contacts section and select Exchange as the default account.

Will this have any contact i add to my phone automatically send to my gmail account

Also, if I want to take off this push email, will it erase all of my contacts? I tried to take it off before and they all erased. I dont want this to kill my battery lfie, but dont want to lose my contacts

Last edited:

palmprenc

May 16, 2011
Visit site
It will add the contacts to you gmail contacts. Regarding turning off the push email, I have not heard of doing this erasing contacts before. I wouldn't think so, but I can't make any guarantees.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what you mean by "taking off the push email". If you remove the account you'll obviously lose the associated contacts. Some clarification would help.

Push shouldn't kill your battery. It's far more efficient than pull.

Ok, So I finally setup the gmail push function with microsoft exchange
Technically it's with ActiveSync, not Exchange. It's labeled as "Exchange" as ActiveSync is typically used with Exchange accounts. Exchange isn't actually involved in your setup at all. These days there are more account types that support ActiveSync (gmail, Hotmail/Live, etc).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711