Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dmoss74
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

40 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default Lost contacts with exchange

Ok, i'll try to be as descriptive as possible here.

I was giving a friend's daughter an iphone 4 to use for a couple months. She presently has an old 3g. I told her to backup all her contacts on google via exchange, so they can stay online at all times, and she can retrieve them using various platforms.

long story short, she setup the exchange account, but i hadn't made it the default mail program before attempting to sync her contacts. the iphone asked me if i wanted to delete all the contacts, and i said yes.

since the account wasn't the default account at the time, the contacts did not sync up online.

now she has the new phone (different sized sims obviously). is there anything that can be done about this? I'm assuming that if att reinstates the original sim card and 3g, that the contacts will sync up at that point?

is that possible, or did i lose all her contacts for good? is there some app that will retrieve deleted contacts from an iphone?
    n7ryy likes this.
    iPhone Intermediate

445 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts

Open iTunes on your computer by double-clicking the iTunes icon on your desktop.and connect your iPhone into your computer using the USB cable then Right-click on "iPhone" on the left hand side of the iTunes window under the "Devices" column.then select Select "Restore From Backup" and choose the backup version to which you want to restore the iPhone from the list in the drop down menu.Wait for the restore to complete and eject the iPhone from iTunes.Click the "Eject" icon located beside the device and unplug it from your computer. Scroll to your contacts in the iPhone to locate the previously deleted contacts.