Gmail/Exchange issue

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Numerous times, I have a Mail icon that shows I have mail, and in reality I don't have any that aren't read, even deleting and setting up the account again doesn't change the issue... any thoughts ?

AGray34

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from a BB with push email to my iphone 4.

I setup my gmail as an exchange account and entered m.google.com for server

I have had 0 issues and it works awesome. Make sure you set it up that way and not by clicking the gmail email setup

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Has nothing to do with deleting the emails... Sometimes it'll show me I have unread emails and I got thru ALL my inbox and there is no new mail, and it's setup just fine ...

whsbuss#IM

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Cleveland, AGray34 is dead right...

Also, bear in mind, if you use Exchange, and use the swipe to delete option, emails actually go the All Mail folder, and NOT Trash.

To truly delete, using Exchange, you have to 'move' an item to the Trash.

Here we go again..... all deleted email on Gmail exchange goes to All Mail and not trash. Doesn't matter how you delete on the iPhone. Gmail exchange inherently puts/labels deletes as archive. You cannot change this.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Annoying as hell! I switched to live.com... couldn't take it anymore!

Here we go again..... all deleted email on Gmail exchange goes to All Mail and not trash. Doesn't matter how you delete on the iPhone. Gmail exchange inherently puts/labels deletes as archive. You cannot change this.