Jailbreak 4.3.2 Gmail and Exchange not working

jbaibl33

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I just performed redsnow jailbreak 4.3.2. for iphone 4 and now my email won't work - both gmail and exchange.

I tried re-doing the jailbreak process. and re-installing the email accounts, but have been unsuccessful. When setting up gmail i get error message: Cannot Connect Using SSL. Exchange seems to get through the set up, but I cannot view any mail once it's completed.

Also, I just tested a yahoo account and that does not work either.

Can some please help???

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have no issues and I use both Gmail and Exchange. I've had problems setting up my accounts whenever I was going through 3G and the connection wasn't stable. It might also be a problem with firewall if you're at work? I would also say put the phone back to stock 4.3.2 and see if you're able to setup the emails. If you are then set them up and re-JB redsn0w doesn't reload the firmware so the accounts should remain.

jbaibl33

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I can set up the email accounts (and they work perfectly) when in safe mode, but under a normal jailbroken start-up neither of them work!

jbaibl33

May 2, 2011
Visit site
When I open mail in regular mode I see only blank messages and I am not able to send any. Gmail gives me the message: No password provided.

So when I go into settings and enter my password I get "The IMAP Server "imap.gmail.com" is not responding......

like I said, both gmail and exchange both work perfectly in safe mode. Can anyone help?

I have already tried to re-jailbreak but no luck

brulez

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
data protection

I had this exact same problem. This thread is old, but it comes up as one of the first google results so just incase someone else has this problem, here's how I solved it.

I had lockinfo installed and setup to bypass the lock code. Under settings->lockinfo->advanced, set Data Protection to "On" and turn off the lock code bypass. It seems that having data protection enabled was messing with the ability to use SSL.

I suppose a similar app to lockinfo that disables data protection could also cause this issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal